Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mallory Unilite Plug Wires?, Copper core?
justme
post Jul 7 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,413
Region Association: North East States

What do you guy's use? Picked up a dizzy w/o paperwork. I saw that one sight suggested NOT to use copper core wires, might fry the ignition mod.
Did a search on this forum and all I saw was that it's a drop in, no talk of wires??

Thanks for the help!!

PP (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 7 2008, 07:53 AM
Post #2

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

get the Aurora wires. i got mine at aircooled.net. they fit the wire towers on the cap and have the correct plug ends with boots. they do require you use the screw on caps on the spark plugs.
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Jul 7 2008, 08:04 AM
Post #3

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I have no idea what wires I am using. I bought them at Autozone *one of the few 914 parts that they had in stock*. It has not caused me any concern.

The unilite is pretty much drop in. A little different then a stock unit. You can get all the paperwork online from the Unilite website. Its just a PDF you can download. Google it. Easy.

You need a 12 volt blue coil, and a resistor (not sure the resistance off hand) going to the Unilite.

I have mine set so that the rotor points to Cyl 1 at TDC, but you do NOT have to have it set like this. In this regard it is easier then a stock dizzy. As long as the arm is pointing at an eye, that is cyl 1, and work the rest of the wires around from there.

Zach
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jul 7 2008, 08:25 AM
Post #4

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

I bought the Taylor 10.4 race wires from CB Preformance. Fit nice look nice and seem to work well. the boot fit in the tin holes with no leaks. and also use snap on plug ends. they are also suppression wire.

Solid core non supression wires are supposed to screw with the Hy-fire 6 series ignition boxes. My Electrical Engineer co-worker agrees but has no proof in real testing.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 07:47 AM