Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mallory Unilite Plug Wires?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
justme
What do you guy's use? Picked up a dizzy w/o paperwork. I saw that one sight suggested NOT to use copper core wires, might fry the ignition mod.
Did a search on this forum and all I saw was that it's a drop in, no talk of wires??

Thanks for the help!!

PP driving.gif
rhodyguy
get the Aurora wires. i got mine at aircooled.net. they fit the wire towers on the cap and have the correct plug ends with boots. they do require you use the screw on caps on the spark plugs.
VaccaRabite
I have no idea what wires I am using. I bought them at Autozone *one of the few 914 parts that they had in stock*. It has not caused me any concern.

The unilite is pretty much drop in. A little different then a stock unit. You can get all the paperwork online from the Unilite website. Its just a PDF you can download. Google it. Easy.

You need a 12 volt blue coil, and a resistor (not sure the resistance off hand) going to the Unilite.

I have mine set so that the rotor points to Cyl 1 at TDC, but you do NOT have to have it set like this. In this regard it is easier then a stock dizzy. As long as the arm is pointing at an eye, that is cyl 1, and work the rest of the wires around from there.

Zach
Joe Ricard
I bought the Taylor 10.4 race wires from CB Preformance. Fit nice look nice and seem to work well. the boot fit in the tin holes with no leaks. and also use snap on plug ends. they are also suppression wire.

Solid core non supression wires are supposed to screw with the Hy-fire 6 series ignition boxes. My Electrical Engineer co-worker agrees but has no proof in real testing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.