Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Paging Nate from 914parts.com, are you still here?, Or can someone tell me how to get ahold of him???
hwgunner
post Jul 9 2008, 09:48 PM
Post #1

914 Parts @ Discount Prices 800.321.5432

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,095
Region Association: None

Well????
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
biosurfer1
post Jul 9 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #2

Teener fo Life!

Member No.: 977
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) last I heard, he closed up shop here in Sac
+Quote Post
hwgunner
post Jul 9 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #3

914 Parts @ Discount Prices 800.321.5432

Member No.: 3,095

That is what I figured but i have been trying to collect a little $$ he ows me since January so i figured i would try this route now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

+Quote Post
ericread
post Jul 9 2008, 10:07 PM
Post #4

The Viper Blue 914

Member No.: 8,432
Region Association: Southern California

There has been four or five threads looking for Nate in the past few months (both this BBS and the "other" BBS). Word is, he's gone.

Good luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Jul 10 2008, 10:03 AM
Post #5

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

History....
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Jul 10 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #6

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

You got a physical address, I gotta barracuda headed that way this weekend.

The Cap'n
+Quote Post
Justinp71
post Jul 10 2008, 11:16 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,922

He moved over by Bugformance here in Sac, we could probably call them and they would know.

I have his phone number, one day he just stopped answering it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jul 10 2008, 11:22 AM
Post #8

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Jul 10 2008, 10:16 AM) *

He moved over by Bugformance here in Sac, we could probably call them and they would know.

I have his phone number, one day he just stopped answering it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

After the move to the Bugformance area he moved to West Sacramento. I am not sure he is still at that shop or if the doors have closed. That move was months ago... None of us locals have seen him. He hasn't come to any events that I have seen him...
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jul 10 2008, 03:31 PM
Post #9

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

I will speak up on my experiences with Nate, nothing but good to say.

I don't know what happened to him but had email exchanges with him earlier this year. He told me there was a recent death in the family and was struggling to deal with that, so there was some delay in our correspondence.

I had bought some parts from him that were described as 'good condition and not rusty' sometime in the summer of 2007. I did not pay that much for them, but when received they are not 'good' but rusty throughout and worthless. I put them in my attic for about 6 months then was reminded to contact him and did. I ended up returning the defective parts and he was resposible enough even after all that time to refund not only what I paid him, but also for the shipping I orioginally paid. he told me that I sdhould not have hesitated to contact him if I was not satisfied.

He is a good man in my book, and always respectful, maybe he just burned out on the 914-thing.

Here is the address he supplied me for my recent return. I dont have a phone #. I only hesitatingly post this on the forum for those needing to contact him, because I believe he is honorable and would want to be contacted if there are any reasonable dissatisfactions.

He goes by the moniker 'addwestern' on this forum and was on here as recently as May.

1510 merkley ave #9A
West sacramento CA 95691
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Jul 10 2008, 03:34 PM
Post #10

Teener fo Life!

Member No.: 977

Nate was always fine to deal with for me...even gave me a few free parts when I needed them quickly. I didn't want to imply anything else.

If I hear from him, I will convey this thread to him
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jul 10 2008, 08:43 PM
Post #11

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

I too had nothing but positive transactions with Nate.
Pat
+Quote Post
MrKona
post Jul 10 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 4,469

I too had a very positive transaction with Nate. He gave me the best price I could find on a set of new Euro-spec Mahle P/Cs. Sorry to see him out of the business.
+Quote Post
Lavanaut
post Jul 11 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #13

Hungry Mind : Thirsty Gullet

Member No.: 6,265
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 10 2008, 02:31 PM) *

Here is the address he supplied me for my recent return. I dont have a phone #. I only hesitatingly post this on the forum for those needing to contact him, because I believe he is honorable and would want to be contacted if there are any reasonable dissatisfactions.

Ditto on the positive experience.

Personally I wouldn't be to happy to learn that someone posted my address to a public forum without my permission, especially in a thread with the tone of this one. A phone number is one thing, an address is another.

Reid
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Jul 11 2008, 10:22 AM
Post #14

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

Tone? The guy skipped owing people money...he's fair game.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jul 11 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #15

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jul 11 2008, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 10 2008, 02:31 PM) *

Ditto on the positive experience.

Frankly I would be irate to learn that someone posted my address to a public forum without my permission, especially in a thread with the tone of this one. A phone number is one thing, an address is another. My $0.02.

Reid

As would I. But, this is his last known business address. Not his personal address. Nothing at all wrong with giving out the business address to someone who has done business with Nate. It is probably stale anyway. I suspect Nate is out of business and thus, not at the address.
+Quote Post
Lavanaut
post Jul 11 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 11 2008, 09:24 AM) *

As would I. But, this is his last known business address. Not his personal address.

Ok...but that's not clear to me from Jeff's post, do you know this to be true? He just said it was an address provided for a return ~ lots of folks run these little 914 ops out of their garages.

I digress, it makes no difference to me. Personally, *I* wouldn't post someone's address on a public forum. Aside from being polite, if doing so somehow put them in harm's way I wouldn't want that to come back to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jul 11 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #17

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Ummm... the guy owes Jonathan money. Jonathan isn't saying he is a bad guy or anything. He is just trying to find the guy so he can collect. Is that wrong? If I were an agent in Cali I would give Jonathan his home address.

For those of you who have not done business with Jonathan I will tell you that he has been one of the best 914 guys I've dlt with. He also stands 100% behind his products and gets them to you FAST (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) . So if someone didn't pay up and is hurting his business... that sucks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jul 11 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #18

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

googles cache comes up with

http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache:Xcdt7...lient=firefox-a

So your guess is as good as mine, last I know he stopped selling 914 parts and moved into selling all porsche parts, like pelican. I cant remember his new site. He used to post alot of ads on craigslist and then they stopped.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jul 11 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #19

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jul 11 2008, 10:34 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 11 2008, 09:24 AM) *

As would I. But, this is his last known business address. Not his personal address.

Ok...but that's not clear to me from Jeff's post, do you know this to be true? He just said it was an address provided for a return ~ lots of folks run these little 914 ops out of their garages.

I digress, it makes no difference to me. Personally, *I* wouldn't post someone's address on a public forum. Aside from being polite, if doing so somehow put them in harm's way I wouldn't want that to come back to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Yes. I know this to be a business address in a business park less than 2 blocks from my own office and operations center. I also know that Nate lives somewhere other than that address given. West Sac. is about 20 miles from the last suburb I know of that Nate lived at. I suspect that if Nate has ceased operations that address is no good. Nate started operations in a storage facility in West Sac. He may have moved back to something like that. But, I suspect that when someone who has been responsive and responsible suddenly disappears, they are out of business or God forbid worse...
+Quote Post
Lavanaut
post Jul 11 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 11 2008, 11:00 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Ummm... the guy owes Jonathan money. Jonathan isn't saying he is a bad guy or anything. He is just trying to find the guy so he can collect. Is that wrong?

Huh? I don't know anything about a guy named Jonathan, and I'm not talking about Nate in particular. I'm talking about posting (what originally interpreted to be) someone's home address in a public forum. That's it.

If I knew how to contact Nate I'd be inclined to share that info with Jonathan too, but I'd do so in a more discreet fashion ~ PM, email, whatever.

Jonathan, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hijacked.gif) ...sorry. I hope you get your funds back.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 05:46 PM