Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 SHOOTOUT IN MARINA, Who's coming?
drgchapman
post Jul 23 2008, 09:21 AM
Post #41

Current Stable

Group: NoClassifiedAccess
Member No.: 2,789
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I just reclassed my car based on new rubber that has just been added. This event was the push that came to shove.

Mo rubba=Mo fun!

AX5, 835 points

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jul 23 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #42

Arrrrhhhh!

Group: Members
Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 22 2008, 08:39 PM) *

My money is still on Byholder. Brit was damn close to your SCCA GT2 guy at the NT. Both he & the car are better now. Good competition either way.

Sias in that crusher BMW put almost 2 seconds on my car last Marina AX. The Lotus that is coming put 3 seconds on my car. Andrew in past couple AX's is second or less from my cars times. That 996 TT runs hot and cold but if he's on he will be tough to beat. On thing we can do to make things more even for BMW and 996 TT is to make some tight gates. But that wont slow down the 1500 lb Lotus.

I suspect no 914's will be TTOD at this event due to Nor Cal SCCA visitors.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jul 24 2008, 11:57 AM
Post #43

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jul 23 2008, 08:50 AM) *

Sias in that crusher BMW put almost 2 seconds on my car last Marina AX.

is he still around? i haven't seen him in years. his old 240Z AX car was a blast ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jul 24 2008, 06:11 PM
Post #44

Arrrrhhhh!

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 24 2008, 10:57 AM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jul 23 2008, 08:50 AM) *

Sias in that crusher BMW put almost 2 seconds on my car last Marina AX.

is he still around? i haven't seen him in years. his old 240Z AX car was a blast ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) Andy

Yes he was at the AX school we had last weekend. And he occasionally attends UFO AX's at Marina.

Here is his car now. Its brutal! 450 WHP.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jul 24 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #45

Arrrrhhhh!

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 22 2008, 08:39 PM) *

I am old & slow which you need to point out again & again. If you get old, maybe you won't be a troll....but I wouldn't bet on it.

I truly didnt mean it like that JP. What I mean is this will be very tough competition even Britain, who is rocketship fast, is going to have a tough time. Its not going to be a walk in the park for any of us with the folks who will be there. Honestly you and I might as well sit on sidelines if our only goal is TTOD. My bet on TTOD would be BMW or the Lotus with a horde of 914's fightin it out for 3rd. But who knows we might just upset the SCCA guys.
+Quote Post
DanT
post Aug 5 2008, 06:24 PM
Post #46

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

well, that was a fun, exhausting weekend of driving, socializing, bench racing, schmoozing, and did I say FUN? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Aug 5 2008, 06:33 PM
Post #47

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Aug 5 2008, 05:24 PM) *

well, that was a fun, exhausting weekend of driving, socializing, bench racing, schmoozing, and did I say FUN? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Heh....it wouldn't have been as much fun if I had realized I beat you on the 2nd day....what was that.04 sec. Just can't keep it up, eh? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
DanT
post Aug 5 2008, 06:37 PM
Post #48

just never really got the entire course in my head on Sunday... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

seemed like I would mess up in a spot, correct it on the next run and then screw up somewhere else....

I did have a 41.9 and sunday PM but coned that turkey right after the lights on the right side.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

regardless of that, it was a great weekend all the way around...not near as many issues to deal with as I had imagined.

JP. I would really like to come north next year, and I think Larry is game also...we can probably get a few others to tag along also, since this was such a fun weekend.

we just need to source a 914 or two to drive..
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Aug 6 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #49

Arrrrhhhh!

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Aug 5 2008, 05:37 PM) *

just never really got the entire course in my head on Sunday... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

seemed like I would mess up in a spot, correct it on the next run and then screw up somewhere else....

I did have a 41.9 and sunday PM but coned that turkey right after the lights on the right side.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

regardless of that, it was a great weekend all the way around...not near as many issues to deal with as I had imagined.

JP. I would really like to come north next year, and I think Larry is game also...we can probably get a few others to tag along also, since this was such a fun weekend.

If I still have the 914 then it will be much more capable and I'd entertain going and sharing with you and Larry. But I really think to be practical next event should be in California - I dont think we would get many people attending with that type of drive.

This post has been edited by grantsfo: Aug 6 2008, 10:36 AM
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Aug 6 2008, 12:17 PM
Post #50

Irrelevant old fart

Yeah, it's a hassle to step that far from the pond......but doing that gives you an idea of what other areas do and how fast they are. Sitting in the security of a known
area is easier. Going to someone else's house puts you at an immediate disadvantage, but you'll never KNOW how fast you (or they) are unless you get out of your pond.
+Quote Post
DanT
post Aug 6 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #51

I don't think it is the issue of going to another pond JP...

I think what Grant was referring to are the relative numbers.

More than likely to get more 914s to show up for a California event than for an Oregon/Washington event. And I tend to agree.

This past weekend the vast majority of the 30+ cars that were there were Cal cars.

not to say we wouldn't get a pretty good showing up north, just not as many overall.
+Quote Post
DanT
post Aug 6 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #52

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Aug 6 2008, 08:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Aug 5 2008, 05:37 PM) *

If I still have the 914 then it will be much more capable and I'd entertain going and sharing with you and Larry. But I really think to be practical next event should be in California - I dont think we would get many people attending with that type of drive.

Grant, if we did that, I could pull the trailer/car with my Suburban. We could all ride up in relative comfort together. Would be much cheaper and smarter than taking 2 or 3 different vehicles up.
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Aug 6 2008, 01:32 PM
Post #53

Irrelevant old fart

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Aug 6 2008, 12:16 PM) *

I don't think it is the issue of going to another pond JP...

I think what Grant was referring to are the relative numbers.

More than likely to get more 914s to show up for a California event than for an Oregon/Washington event. And I tend to agree.

This past weekend the vast majority of the 30+ cars that were there were Cal cars.

not to say we wouldn't get a pretty good showing up north, just not as many overall.

Yes and if the event were held at Packwood, the majority of the 914s would be from the NW......I agree tho, maybe 20 cars would be the max.

Maybe Grant is right in a way. Brit already wupped the NWPCA & Zone 7 this year....why (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dead horse.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Aug 6 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #54

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I would have to say we would have more than 20 down there. I have never been to Pacwood and I would show up for something like this. We would likely have all the 914s from Bremerton would be down there. All the guys from Oregon would be there. That alone is about 30.
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Aug 6 2008, 05:46 PM
Post #55

Irrelevant old fart

You well may be right, Jon, but I think conservative. I figure 5 guys from Portland, the rest would have to come out of the Puget Sound area....maybe a couple from BC.
+Quote Post
Chris Pincetich
post Aug 12 2008, 01:43 AM
Post #56

B-)

Member No.: 4,907
Region Association: Northern California

Got some photos - Thanks Trekkor and Cliff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 12:21 PM