Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Timing Help- Difficult Finding Proper Settings
tornik550
post Jul 19 2008, 09:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,486
Region Association: None

You guys have helped me quite a bit so I am going to shoot some more questions. I have searched but couldn't find everything that I need.

I need to set the timing on my engine. It was set perfectly however my friend set it up for me and I do not know the settings. I had to change a few parts and I inadvertently messed up the timing.

Can anybody give me basic instructions and timing settings for my car? I know the basic concept of timing with a timing light. I also know how to hook up the light, otherwise I am a timing virgin. I have read basic instructions on the internet however I am not really clear if I set the timing at idle or at a certain RPM. I am only having luck finding info on stock distributors- however mine is a Bosch 050 with Pertronix Ignitor.

Car info-
1973, 1.8l(not stock case), now engine is 2.4l.
Fan is from a 1.7l
Dist- Bosch 050 with Pertronix
Dual Weber 40idf's
MSD 6al ignition system

Thank you again,
Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 04:30 AM