Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What am I leaving on the table with this combo?
Badass43
post Jul 25 2008, 08:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,163
Region Association: None

Hey Guys,

I have a 2.0 that I am trying to put back together on a budgit.

Here is what I am thinking on doing with it.

It now has 96mm dished P/C and a 86A cam.

I really don't want to split the case so I may just put a new set of rods and bearings, get the cylinders honed, put a new set of rings (who sells these?), replace all seals and gaskets.

For the heads, mine are in need of repair so to save that $1,000.00 or so I can get some what I am told VW type IV 2.0 heads that are I guess are buss heads that have new valves, seats and guides for a fraction of the price to have my 2.0 heads reworked.

The heads that were on the engine had the head gaskets installed so I may just buy some cylinder spacers the same thickness and use those and do away with the head gaskets.

I will be using dual dellorto 40 carbs off of my 1.8L.

My question is, with this combo how much H.P. am I leaving on the table and how do you think this combo will perform for street use?

I'm not into racing just a weekend car and sometimes driving to work on nice days.

Will I have any kind of heat problems using the cam that is in it now? I have read a few things about the power band being in the upper RPM range using the 86A cam.

Will this cam be a problem for street use and what would be the max RPM for this combo?

What kind of improvement do you think I would see compared to my stock 1.8L with the dual carbs?

Randy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:55 PM