Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What front oil cooler should I pick, I need to cut the body out soon
East coaster
post Jul 27 2008, 07:40 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 487
Region Association: None

Here's my setup......seems to work really well. I've never had to turn the fans on! I installed the fans just in case I got stuck in traffic jams, but even when stuck in traffic it doesn't get too hot.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...0&hl=cooler
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jt914-6
post Jul 27 2008, 08:19 AM
Post #22

Driving & working on teeners 41 years

Member No.: 9,003
Region Association: South East States

I am using a Earl's 60 row, pn 26012 on my 3.0. It is 18x7" with 12an fittings. It's application rating is for competition vehicles, not some other application. Also bought the pn 1760 mounting bracket. It is front mounted at a slight angle, boxed in and I have a two speed fan housing mounted on the cover. Free flowing air at speed goes through the fan assm. and I exit the hot air out under the car. If oil temp starts to get too high, I can use low or high speed of the fan to pull the air through the cooler. I agree with others, the bigger the better on oil coolers. I had considered using a RX7 cooler, but thought better of it.
+Quote Post
jt914-6
post Jul 29 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #23

Driving & working on teeners 41 years

Member No.: 9,003

Attached ImageHere's a pic of what I'm doing. Just finished what I hope will be a decent heater system. I'm using headers, so no heat boxes. What I plan to do is use the hot air from the oil cooler to heat the cabin. I have a hose attached to the exhaust side of the fan and run it to a "T" and feed the stock heater hoses attach in the front trunk. Turn the fan on low or high and pump in the warm air without the oily smell.

I know that it will take a while to warm up the oil enough to get to the cooler, so I have a grill cover/winter front that closes off fresh air and warm up the engine sooner............Theory?............
+Quote Post
JimmyG
post Aug 3 2008, 06:32 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 2,730

QUOTE(TimT @ Jul 26 2008, 07:37 PM) *

Pick one that fits

Fluidyne

and forget you ever thought about using -10!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 08:42 AM