Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm really enjoying my AX season this year
GaroldShaffer
post Jul 26 2008, 09:21 AM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

While the conversion of the old FP SCCA 914 to a /6 is taking a while I have been enjoying the few AX events I have attened this year in my slighty modified 70 914. I have been runnig it in XP class when actually its a DSP class car. I ran last sunday and actually did pretty good. Only 41 cars, but I was 13th. All the prep I do to my car is make sure oil level is good, 1/2 tank of gas, adjust konis to full firm rear & 1/2 firm up front, and check tire pressure in the morning.

After 4 years of AXing I am finally getting the hang of it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) My next event is 8/3 down in FT Wayne Indiana. I might try and take this one a little more seriously and keep better track of tire pressures and such. I mainly just do this for bragging rights. My buddy has 06 WRX STI and I love beating him by 1 sec or more. He just doesn't understand how my little 95HP 1970 914 can beat his AWD STI every time. I love it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) He is #23 on the attached list.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Final_Raw_Time_Results___5___B_B_Bad_to_the_Kones___July_20__2008.htm ( 16.03k ) Number of downloads: 167
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chris Pincetich
post Jul 26 2008, 07:06 PM
Post #2

B-)

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,907
Region Association: Northern California

Sweet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
My AX 914 is up on the rack. I'm searching for alignment threads to get the wheels straight once I complete the entire suspension re-do. I may finish in time for Aug 2 AX, but not racin this year and just wrenchin is killin me!
Those new AX wheels I got will slip over new studs in the hubs, and roll on used Hoosiers I got for $300 a set. I can't wait!!!!
Last year I went to my first SCCA and 12-14th AX race and they threw my in gutted 914 in ASP, which had modified cars (Cobra etc) only because my request for XP would have made me the only car in XP that day. I think I beat 90% of the Hondas and 80% of the Subarus that day.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jul 27 2008, 07:02 AM
Post #3

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

WOrd

Must be a good year for 914's
I finished 2nd over-all last week in a big fish pond. Things are starting to click a bit better in my head and reading courses.
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Jul 28 2008, 09:30 AM
Post #4

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Yep, I guess that is the same for me. Big test will be this weekend in Ft Wayne. Last season seemed to much like work, this season its all about having fun.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
WRX914
post Jul 29 2008, 11:40 AM
Post #5

2.5 WRX STI hybrid powered beast

Member No.: 2,771
Region Association: Southwest Region

The guy in the 125 shifter must not be much of a shoe...

Only beat the suspended cars by 2 sec???

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 07:54 PM