Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2.0 Engine work
MattR
post Jan 29 2004, 06:17 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,589
Region Association: Northern California

I am going to be getting a '73 2.0 914 very soon and I am going to rebuild the engine, and I am looking for some suggestions. The body and interior are in very good condition, so most of my attention will be spent on engine work.

First, I am running duel 40 idf carbs (included with car), but I need manifolds and linkage. CB Performance has a nice package, is that quality stuff?

My heads need to be rebuilt (burned valve from the PO). I am in socal and rimco was suggested to me in santa ana. Anyone better in the LA area?

I have no idea if the engine has been modified already, but what are the advantages of mechanical vs hydrolic lifters? I know mechanical are noiser, need to be adjusted, and perform better without valve float, but is there anything else I should know? Also, the cam. I was thinking webcam lifeters and cam, but what grind?

Any suggestions on pistons? I probably dont need forged, I was thinking hypereucetic (sp?), but Im not familiar with vendors. And what compression ratio?

What are the disadvantages of boring the engine to like 96mm? And what is a reccomended stroke for my application?

I am planning on this being a regular daily driver street car with an occasional autocross down the line. I am a college student so I want to do as much work myself to keep the price down.

Anything else I should know? Thanks in advance!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 12:40 AM