Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Large Flashing Red Light!, A lesson learned
jesiv
post Aug 27 2008, 09:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,975
Region Association: Northern California

To many this is obvious, to others it is a nice to know.

Just thought I would share my story. I replaced my rear pads several weeks ago and of course didn’t put any treatment on the rear of the pads… so they squealed horribly!!! So I decided the put a material on the back of the pads to get rid of the squeal. It did. But, initially the breaks where spongy and in hindsight, I realize, I stomped on the breaks to pump them up and in doing so a Large Flashing Red Light started of course “flashing”.

So I assumed I had a leak somewhere! I inspected each wheel and nothing! Checked the Porsche manuals about testing the braking system and everything looked cool… Except there was a Large Flashing Red Light! Telling me something was wrong. I had just purchased a freshly rebuild front and rear suspension so I had all the parts I need. I cannot tell you how close I came to bleeding the system, replacing calipers, etc. And then… An Epiphany occurred! For some reason I remembered reading somewhere that the master cylinder pressure switch had a reset “button”. So I checked! And of course there it was… So I pushed the button in… and vola! The Flashing Red Light was no more.

So the moral of the story is… Always check for the reset button, even on a 914.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Aug 27 2008, 09:06 AM
Post #2

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Unless you like red flashing lights. Then you can just leave it on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Rotary'14
post Aug 27 2008, 09:50 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,977

I thought the worst when I read your title and I imagined that a large flashing red light was accompanied by a flashing blue light,,, and it was in your rearview. Good thing it wasn't,, and it didn't cost you a darn thing but some time,, but now you are that much wiser.

-Rob
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 07:38 PM