Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Large Flashing Red Light!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
To many this is obvious, to others it is a nice to know.

Just thought I would share my story. I replaced my rear pads several weeks ago and of course didn’t put any treatment on the rear of the pads… so they squealed horribly!!! So I decided the put a material on the back of the pads to get rid of the squeal. It did. But, initially the breaks where spongy and in hindsight, I realize, I stomped on the breaks to pump them up and in doing so a Large Flashing Red Light started of course “flashing”.

So I assumed I had a leak somewhere! I inspected each wheel and nothing! Checked the Porsche manuals about testing the braking system and everything looked cool… Except there was a Large Flashing Red Light! Telling me something was wrong. I had just purchased a freshly rebuild front and rear suspension so I had all the parts I need. I cannot tell you how close I came to bleeding the system, replacing calipers, etc. And then… An Epiphany occurred! For some reason I remembered reading somewhere that the master cylinder pressure switch had a reset “button”. So I checked! And of course there it was… So I pushed the button in… and vola! The Flashing Red Light was no more.

So the moral of the story is… Always check for the reset button, even on a 914.
Root_Werks
Unless you like red flashing lights. Then you can just leave it on. biggrin.gif
Rotary'14
I thought the worst when I read your title and I imagined that a large flashing red light was accompanied by a flashing blue light,,, and it was in your rearview. Good thing it wasn't,, and it didn't cost you a darn thing but some time,, but now you are that much wiser.

-Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.