Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mile-stone reached, Engines in and a question for the Buick V6 guys
Phoenix-MN
post Aug 28 2008, 03:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,590

Got the engine/transmission installed in the car today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) and it seems to fit real nice except the distributor sits a little too close to the firwall for my liking.

So, for the Buick V6 guys out there how close is your distributor to the firewall and does it cause any problems?

Attached Image

Thanks
Paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Aug 28 2008, 06:11 PM
Post #2

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Can't help with your Q. Just say"n HOLY SHINKEEEES! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Is your transaxle in the stock location? I moved mine back 1.5" For added clearence.
+Quote Post
Phoenix-MN
post Aug 28 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 28 2008, 04:11 PM) *

Can't help with your Q. Just say"n HOLY SHINKEEEES! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Is your transaxle in the stock location? I moved mine back 1.5" For added clearence.

Rick,
Yes, the transaxle is in the stock location right now. Did you use spacers ala Renegade? Or did you make your own? Renegade is pretty proud $$$ for two blocks of aluminum (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Thanks
Paul
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Aug 28 2008, 08:11 PM
Post #4

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Aug 28 2008, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 28 2008, 04:11 PM) *

Rick,
Yes, the transaxle is in the stock location right now. Did you use spacers ala Renegade? Or did you make your own? Renegade is pretty proud $$$ for two blocks of aluminum (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Thanks
Paul

I made my own. Let me know if you want a photo. I don't think I really have a good one on this computer but I'll check.

BTW: Mine is a solid mount. Actually both front and rear mounts in the Alien are solid. The car launches kind of cool that way.
+Quote Post
Phoenix-MN
post Aug 28 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #5

I found this from an old thread by John2kx, as they say "A picture is worth a thousand words" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached Image

Thanks

Paul

+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Aug 28 2008, 10:38 PM
Post #6

Hey nice rack! -Celette

You'll need to mod your front mounts as well, but this will get you the firewall clearance you need.

Keep going man! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 03:01 AM