Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mile-stone reached
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Phoenix-MN
Got the engine/transmission installed in the car today piratenanner.gif and it seems to fit real nice except the distributor sits a little too close to the firwall for my liking.

So, for the Buick V6 guys out there how close is your distributor to the firewall and does it cause any problems?

Click to view attachment

Thanks
Paul
rick 918-S
Can't help with your Q. Just say"n HOLY SHINKEEEES! biggrin.gif assimilate.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif

Is your transaxle in the stock location? I moved mine back 1.5" For added clearence.
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 28 2008, 04:11 PM) *

Can't help with your Q. Just say"n HOLY SHINKEEEES! biggrin.gif assimilate.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif

Is your transaxle in the stock location? I moved mine back 1.5" For added clearence.

Rick,
Yes, the transaxle is in the stock location right now. Did you use spacers ala Renegade? Or did you make your own? Renegade is pretty proud $$$ for two blocks of aluminum blink.gif

Thanks
Paul
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Aug 28 2008, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 28 2008, 04:11 PM) *

Rick,
Yes, the transaxle is in the stock location right now. Did you use spacers ala Renegade? Or did you make your own? Renegade is pretty proud $$$ for two blocks of aluminum blink.gif

Thanks
Paul

I made my own. Let me know if you want a photo. I don't think I really have a good one on this computer but I'll check.

BTW: Mine is a solid mount. Actually both front and rear mounts in the Alien are solid. The car launches kind of cool that way.
Phoenix-MN
I found this from an old thread by John2kx, as they say "A picture is worth a thousand words" biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Thanks

Paul

rick 918-S
You'll need to mod your front mounts as well, but this will get you the firewall clearance you need.

Keep going man! sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.