Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Taking the plunge, 1.8 liter FI Won't Stay Running
knuckledrgr914
post Aug 29 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,180
Region Association: None

I am a new 914 owner and have just started trying to get it road worthy. It is a '74, 1.8 liter, and fuel injected. Now for the noobie question...

After running the car around the neighborhood, I came home with a fuel leak. I found one of the hoses, leading to what I assume is one of the injectors, was split open. I replaced the hose which stopped the gas leak.

Now comes the problem... My car now fires, runs for approximately 40- 50 seconds, and then quits. It does not matter if it is just idling, or if I am giving it some juice... It just quits. I turn the key off, turn it back on and it will fire again after a couple revolutions!

Any idea why changing out the bad fuel line would cause this behavior? As you can tell, I am just learning the mechanics of the 914 so be kind and send lots of pictures (of how to resolve the problem that is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif))

Thanks in advance,
Brad
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 03:06 PM