Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuse blows only on track, #9 fuse on 914/6
MikeSpraggi
post Sep 1 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,570
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

At my last DE event, while on track I noticed that my oil temp guage went dead as well as the fuel guage and the tachometer. After the session, I also found that I had no brake lights. I replaced the fuse and everything came back to life. During the next session, the same thing happened again after only 3-4 laps. However, this time I found that after having lost my guages, my tach was showing about 1800 rpm although I was probably at 3500-4000. As I came in to the pit and hit the brakes, the tach went dead to 0.

I replaced the fuse again. No more track sessions. On the 70 mile trip home, no fuse problem. In fact, normal street or highway driving will not blow the fuse. Oh yeah, right before the DE event, I had my wrench install a sideshift transaxle. Previous DE events never displayed any fuse problems. Any ideas? Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Sep 1 2008, 12:22 PM
Post #2

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Sep 1 2008, 01:34 PM) *

...I had my wrench install a sideshift transaxle. Previous DE events never displayed any fuse problems. Any ideas?

#9 also runs backup lights.
I think it's where I'd start with recent transmission work...
+Quote Post
watsonrx13
post Sep 1 2008, 06:37 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 312
Region Association: South East States

Mike, I just had the same issue, #9 fuse blowing. I found that one of the instrument bulb connections had come loose and was grounding out on the dash.... something to check... good luck...

-- Rob
+Quote Post
MikeSpraggi
post Sep 1 2008, 07:08 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,570
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Sep 1 2008, 05:37 PM) *

Mike, I just had the same issue, #9 fuse blowing. I found that one of the instrument bulb connections had come loose and was grounding out on the dash.... something to check... good luck...

-- Rob

Thanks Rob. I'll check that out. Very frustrating these little gremlins (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) !
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 11:27 AM