Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuse blows only on track
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeSpraggi
At my last DE event, while on track I noticed that my oil temp guage went dead as well as the fuel guage and the tachometer. After the session, I also found that I had no brake lights. I replaced the fuse and everything came back to life. During the next session, the same thing happened again after only 3-4 laps. However, this time I found that after having lost my guages, my tach was showing about 1800 rpm although I was probably at 3500-4000. As I came in to the pit and hit the brakes, the tach went dead to 0.

I replaced the fuse again. No more track sessions. On the 70 mile trip home, no fuse problem. In fact, normal street or highway driving will not blow the fuse. Oh yeah, right before the DE event, I had my wrench install a sideshift transaxle. Previous DE events never displayed any fuse problems. Any ideas? Thanks
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Sep 1 2008, 01:34 PM) *

...I had my wrench install a sideshift transaxle. Previous DE events never displayed any fuse problems. Any ideas?

#9 also runs backup lights.
I think it's where I'd start with recent transmission work...
watsonrx13
Mike, I just had the same issue, #9 fuse blowing. I found that one of the instrument bulb connections had come loose and was grounding out on the dash.... something to check... good luck...

-- Rob
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Sep 1 2008, 05:37 PM) *

Mike, I just had the same issue, #9 fuse blowing. I found that one of the instrument bulb connections had come loose and was grounding out on the dash.... something to check... good luck...

-- Rob

Thanks Rob. I'll check that out. Very frustrating these little gremlins headbang.gif !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.