Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> idle and alternator, couple questions
statesblue
post Sep 5 2008, 01:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,386
Region Association: Southwest Region

I have a 75 with a 1.8 fuel injected motor. When I first start it it seems to stumble all over itself and runs on 2 cyl. til I wind it up a few times and clean it out. Then it seems to have a little trouble keeping an idle. Once it is warmed up it runs just fine. Are these cars that cold blooded or is there a problem I can correct?
The other thing is the alternator light stays on sometimes for a couple blocks then goes out. Is this normal or is there a problem brewing?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bartlett 914
post Sep 5 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,707
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(statesblue @ Sep 5 2008, 11:26 AM) *

I have a 75 with a 1.8 fuel injected motor. When I first start it it seems to stumble all over itself and runs on 2 cyl. til I wind it up a few times and clean it out. Then it seems to have a little trouble keeping an idle. Once it is warmed up it runs just fine. Are these cars that cold blooded or is there a problem I can correct?
The other thing is the alternator light stays on sometimes for a couple blocks then goes out. Is this normal or is there a problem brewing?

My 1.8 runs pretty good when cold. I know I can make it better. You have some issues that need to be addressed. One may be the alternator belt. If this is loose, it can cause both of your problems. The belt can slip then grab then slip etc. Check your belt first then look into the AAR valve and other engine issues for your poor cold running issues..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 11:08 PM