Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: idle and alternator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
statesblue
I have a 75 with a 1.8 fuel injected motor. When I first start it it seems to stumble all over itself and runs on 2 cyl. til I wind it up a few times and clean it out. Then it seems to have a little trouble keeping an idle. Once it is warmed up it runs just fine. Are these cars that cold blooded or is there a problem I can correct?
The other thing is the alternator light stays on sometimes for a couple blocks then goes out. Is this normal or is there a problem brewing?
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(statesblue @ Sep 5 2008, 11:26 AM) *

I have a 75 with a 1.8 fuel injected motor. When I first start it it seems to stumble all over itself and runs on 2 cyl. til I wind it up a few times and clean it out. Then it seems to have a little trouble keeping an idle. Once it is warmed up it runs just fine. Are these cars that cold blooded or is there a problem I can correct?
The other thing is the alternator light stays on sometimes for a couple blocks then goes out. Is this normal or is there a problem brewing?

My 1.8 runs pretty good when cold. I know I can make it better. You have some issues that need to be addressed. One may be the alternator belt. If this is loose, it can cause both of your problems. The belt can slip then grab then slip etc. Check your belt first then look into the AAR valve and other engine issues for your poor cold running issues..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.