Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Incredible car, Wow, just Wow
mel reckling
post Sep 26 2008, 08:48 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,385

QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 26 2008, 03:03 PM) *

Would this be Ab with the black cherry speedster ?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Might be, but the speedster(from pics he showed me) was guards red. It is now in Greece, as a driver. He showed me a letter that stated new owner turned down $360,000 recently.

I'll ask him if it was black cherry at any time, he said it was painted after he sold it in 2002. It was out at the 50th anniversary at Pebble Beach. The man is from the Cleveland area if that's any help.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Sep 26 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #42

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

[quote name='mel reckling' date='Sep 26 2008, 06:48 PM' post='1084747']
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 26 2008, 03:03 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Would this be Ab with the black cherry speedster ?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
[/quote]

Might be, but the speedster(from pics he showed me) was guards red. It is now in Greece, as a driver. He showed me a letter that stated new owner turned down $360,000 recently.

I'll ask him if it was black cherry at any time, he said it was painted after he sold it in 2002. It was out at the 50th anniversary at Pebble Beach. The man is from the Cleveland area if that's any help.
[/quote]

Last name is Teideman or something similar
+Quote Post
type47fan
post Sep 28 2008, 12:47 AM
Post #43

It Looks Better In Person. . .

Member No.: 1,170
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(mel reckling @ Sep 25 2008, 06:12 PM) *

AB had to move 3 cars out of the way to take it outside, a real class guy.

Page 1: Is that a short rear valance? Maybe the original deep one got pulled off while driving on a snowy Ohio road in the early '70s.

edit: Obviously, the car doesn't look like it was ever driven on a salty road in the snow. It is a remarkable surviving example of the type.

Thanks,
+Quote Post
mel reckling
post Sep 28 2008, 07:12 AM
Post #44

[quote name='scotty b' date='Sep 26 2008, 06:50 PM' post='1084748']
[quote name='mel reckling' date='Sep 26 2008, 06:48 PM' post='1084747']
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 26 2008, 03:03 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[/quote]

[/quote]

Last name is Teideman or something similar
[/quote]

No, not my friend's name, but new owner I have no idea of.

+Quote Post
mel reckling
post Sep 28 2008, 07:19 AM
Post #45

QUOTE(type47fan @ Sep 27 2008, 10:47 PM) *

QUOTE(mel reckling @ Sep 25 2008, 06:12 PM) *

AB had to move 3 cars out of the way to take it outside, a real class guy.

Page 1: Is that a short rear valance? Maybe the original deep one got pulled off while driving on a snowy Ohio road in the early '70s.

Thanks,

I've added that to the list of things to ask next time I talk to him. I seriously doubt if it was driven around in the snow. Our road salt usually leaves white dust everywhere and pits the hell out of steel wheels.

+Quote Post
mel reckling
post Sep 28 2008, 07:59 AM
Post #46

After 16 years selling in the car biz, one gets to see cars who's condition runs the full spectrum from made-over rats to plain, nice cars. I'm, by no means, an expert on 914s, but the insight gained by daily seeing cars taken care of vs. cars in various forms of use/abuse makes you appreciate a good one. 'Detailed' cars looked just like 'detailed' cars after a while.

Then once in a while you'd see one of those cars that are remarkably clean for one reason or another. All I kept thinking looking at this car was 'this thing's never been dirty, ever'.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 09:17 PM