Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Advance Design Racing Shocks???, Anyone using these??
Mueller
post Mar 26 2003, 12:43 AM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

doing some web searching today and found this brand.....anyone know anything about them...they look familiar for some reason, i want to say that I saw a set at the Palo Alto shop????

Advance Design Racing Shocks/Struts

Pricey at $399 a pop......I'm thinking of the Koni Sport's which are much, much cheaper for a complete set of 4.....hmmmm.....$600 or $1600???...I think I'll add the Advance Design to my "wish list" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
Tony C
post Mar 26 2003, 12:57 AM
Post #2

Master of Fire and Metal

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

Mike, Besides an employee of GC/Advance design I have the most experience with them. I had influence on the (re)design of several pistons. The shocks are good for the money, however there is a much larger difference between a $400 GC shock and a $7-900 moton/penske/Morriss shock, than there is between a off the shelf Koni single adjustable and a GC shock. I have several tricks to make the GC shocks work better than when delivered from them. I have been working with these shocks on two cars in 2000, four cars in 2001, and two cars in 2002. I can probably rebuild them in my sleep at this point...Let me know if you have any more questions.

-tony
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 06:00 AM