Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advance Design Racing Shocks???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
doing some web searching today and found this brand.....anyone know anything about them...they look familiar for some reason, i want to say that I saw a set at the Palo Alto shop????

Advance Design Racing Shocks/Struts

Pricey at $399 a pop......I'm thinking of the Koni Sport's which are much, much cheaper for a complete set of 4.....hmmmm.....$600 or $1600???...I think I'll add the Advance Design to my "wish list" smile.gif
Tony C
Mike, Besides an employee of GC/Advance design I have the most experience with them. I had influence on the (re)design of several pistons. The shocks are good for the money, however there is a much larger difference between a $400 GC shock and a $7-900 moton/penske/Morriss shock, than there is between a off the shelf Koni single adjustable and a GC shock. I have several tricks to make the GC shocks work better than when delivered from them. I have been working with these shocks on two cars in 2000, four cars in 2001, and two cars in 2002. I can probably rebuild them in my sleep at this point...Let me know if you have any more questions.

-tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.