Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> v8 Guys! How did my bumper turn out?, Finished my bumper. Added a pic of mine!
carreraguy
post Sep 22 2008, 05:59 PM
Post #21

It's not your dad's 914!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,256
Region Association: Northern California

[/quote]So, I would put that front plate on, if I were you !!![/quote]

Thanks, but I'll take my chances - no ticket since I transformed the car in 2005 (he said crossing fingers) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dakotaewing
post Sep 22 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 897
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(carreraguy @ Sep 22 2008, 05:36 PM) *

QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Sep 22 2008, 02:51 PM) *

QUOTE(carreraguy @ Sep 22 2008, 04:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 21 2008, 11:04 PM) *

I love the cutout, ya dork. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) But where'd ya get the freakin' chicken wire!? The country grange? Need to put a nice grill in place of that poultry fencing! Haha.

I agree; noticed that from the get-go and I'm finally in the process of replacing the chicken wire with a nice mesh I got from JWE as seen in the attached pic. I figure if its okay for the 935's, its okay for me!

Do you have a pic of the inside of the fender well too???

I don't have one handy but I'll be glad to try to take one asap and PM it to you.

That would be great - I want to see how you dealt with the wire mesh on the back side !

TE
+Quote Post
Wes V
post Sep 22 2008, 06:59 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 8,211

QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Sep 21 2008, 10:45 PM) *

Dana; how did you get Johnny Cash to stand next to your car?

As for front license plates; The cops around L.A. do give tickets for it and the reason is that they have started installing a whole bunch of "photo cops". You know, when there are sensors that see you going through a red light and take your photo. If the photo doesn't show the front license plate, they can't ID the car. (just so you know; the photo also has to show your face, so throw up your hands over your face as you drive through the intersection)

Wes
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Sep 22 2008, 09:51 PM
Post #24

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

Still transforming the project car, but here it is at this stage in the game. Now imagine it with the polished fuchs etc.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
JRust
post Sep 22 2008, 11:28 PM
Post #25

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Looks good Mark! I keep forgetting what year 350z you got the grill from? 2002-05? I am leaning this way for the front. I went ahead & ordered Renegades front
Valance. I'll be making all the cut's this week so I need to decide for sure. More pics people please (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
charliew
post Sep 23 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,958

In TX. I was told by a inspection tech at the suby dealership that a front liscense plate is not illegal but they will still stop you for it. This was after taking my sons car in to get a leakey rear diff seal repaired and being a little late due to being stopped and a warning ticket being issued by some local kid that I think really just wanted to abuse his authority. I have always wanted a flip down liscense plate in the front just for the occasion. Not sure about the ground clearance though on the 916 front bumper. I think thats what I will use as a starting point although it needs lots of help to reach my idea of what I want. I think the front is the most important view on a car as thats what you usually see first even though it's sometimes in the rear view mirror for some.
+Quote Post
Zundfolge
post Sep 23 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 7,994
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

The ONLY thing I miss since moving away from Kansas was the lack of a front plate (unless you got a vanity plate and I'm a lot cheaper than I am vain).

Here in Colorado my wife's car has been running for the last 6 years sans front plate and I have no intention of putting one on my 914 either (I have a 916 front bumper and I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to drill holes in it for a plate). Neither of us have been hassled, however we live in a city with a very large military presence thus half the cars here are tagged out of state so I think the local PD just ignores plate issues all together.
+Quote Post
tronporsche
post Sep 24 2008, 12:42 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 9,447
Region Association: Central California

I now have a mounted liscence plate frame on my 916 bumper. I am going to post the pictures on a new thread, so in case others have been considering doing this, they won't miss out on the thought........"916 front bumper lisence plate mounting".
+Quote Post
JRust
post Sep 24 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #29

914 Guru

Man talk about a thread going off base! I could care less about the license plate at this point. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) How bout we get some more pictures of the bumper cutout for Radiators! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
tronporsche
post Sep 24 2008, 02:45 PM
Post #30

The thread didn't go off base at all !!! The reason the lisence plate situation came up is because if you have certain bumpers, that lisence plate is going to effect your radiator air flow, and perhaps OTHER people have not taken that into consideration before deciding to do a conversion, right ???? (kinda a 914 public knowledge thing , if you don't mind) But to not go to far off base, that is why I started a new thread . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (which you got credit for, if you care.) But just in case you, or somone else, decide to go with a 916 front end, or anyone else with a V-8, or V-6, or any other conversion, here is the front bumper cut out.........

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
JRust
post Sep 24 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #31

914 Guru

I'm just hoping to get some more pics. The license plate thing is a good point. Glad you started another thread on it too. My point was to hopefully get more pics coming. Wasn't meant as your reply stunk or didn't belong. Really was just hoping to get a ton of pics on different setups. I'm probably going with something like Jim's & Mark's setup. There is always someone out there with a setup that will really hit the spot. Not sold on which way to go yet. Hoping to keep from doing it & then finding another setup I like better.

Your car is sweet Tron. What did you add the hood vent for? Is that where your radiator outlet is? Just curious as to why you added the hood vent. Looks nice on your car & I've only seen one other 914 with one like that. Where else are you outletting your radiator.
+Quote Post
Rand
post Sep 24 2008, 10:13 PM
Post #32

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573
Region Association: None

Hey J, here's a couple more pics I had on hand. Couldn't resist throwing that silver one in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
tronporsche
post Sep 24 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #33

QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 24 2008, 07:11 PM) *

I'm just hoping to get some more pics. The license plate thing is a good point. Glad you started another thread on it too. My point was to hopefully get more pics coming. Wasn't meant as your reply stunk or didn't belong. Really was just hoping to get a ton of pics on different setups. I'm probably going with something like Jim's & Mark's setup. There is always someone out there with a setup that will really hit the spot. Not sold on which way to go yet. Hoping to keep from doing it & then finding another setup I like better.

Your car is sweet Tron. What did you add the hood vent for? Is that where your radiator outlet is? Just curious as to why you added the hood vent. Looks nice on your car & I've only seen one other 914 with one like that. Where else are you outletting your radiator.
Thanks, J. I know you didn't mean anything negative by the reply, sometimes things on the computer sound differently read than out of the person's mouth, which is why a lot ot times I put a happy face by the post so no one will think I mean any aggressiveness by my comment (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) !!! (which by the way , I hope you know I wasn't trying to be !! )

The hood vent was added because There was a car show I wanted to attend, and It was kind of the finishing touch on the car for the "Aggressive" look. The car has a loud exaughst, so I needed more look with the wide flares. Also, before I put the scoop on, I talked with Heeltoe914, who did my conversion, and he told me that it would also be helpful for air to escape, and it is !!!!! When I turn on the fan switch, I can feel the air being pushed out the back of the scoop when I put my hand there. If you like the look, I would suggest doing it , because it only helps with the hot air being pushed out !! Some guys fiberglass their scoops on, etc., but I didn't have time for all that, and just wanted something simple that I could change if I wanted to, but I think I will keep this one, look how the front end of it is the exact shape of the front of the hood ! And it is just the rite size !! I also have the wheel whele area cut out like everyone else.Here is a picture. Notice the hole is cut in FRONT of the gas tank firewall, yet, the scoop back goes all the way to the top of the hood.

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
carreraguy
post Oct 5 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #34

It's not your dad's 914!

Member No.: 1,256
Region Association: Northern California

[/quote]

Do you have a pic of the inside of the fender well too???
[/quote]

I don't have one handy but I'll be glad to try to take one asap and PM it to you.
[/quote]

That would be great - I want to see how you dealt with the wire mesh on the back side !

TE
[/quote]

Thom:
Here's a couple pics of the driver's left inside fender area; sorry it took so long. If you need more, PM me.
Later,
Tom

Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
rascobo
post Oct 6 2008, 02:21 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 7,948

Sorry to get off topic, but....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) Eye's jus gots to no! What's in the tank behind the radiator? My second cousin(by both blood & marriage (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)) Earl in South Carolina had one in his rig, but got rid of it when He was released. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
tronporsche
post Oct 6 2008, 02:38 AM
Post #36

Bass, how low can you go !!!!!! Here is another one for ya !!Attached ImageAttached Image Got a t.v. comin' in too !!!! It is a poor mans version of "pimp my ride" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
dakotaewing
post Oct 6 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 897
Region Association: Southwest Region

[/quote]
Thom:
Here's a couple pics of the driver's left inside fender area; sorry it took so long. If you need more, PM me.
Later,
Tom

Attached Image
Attached Image
[/quote]

What material did you make the "frame" from?
And, how did you get it cut???
+Quote Post
pffft
post Oct 7 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 3,465

an other
Attached Image
+Quote Post
drive-ability
post Oct 8 2008, 12:25 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 3,782

(IMG:http://members.cox.net/stdotjohn/GRILL%20Picture%201.jpg)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Oct 12 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #40

914 Guru

Okay I finished my bumper. Didn't get my valance on yet. IT being fiberglass of course not everything lines up quite right. So I have a little work to do before it will fit. I am pleased with the look. It is a little more subtle with everything being black. What do you think? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:46 AM