Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Excellence - 914 Market Update, November 2008 issue
smg914
post Sep 24 2008, 11:35 PM
Post #21

Sahara Beige Steve

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,695
Region Association: None

[ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) <--Smiling because I currently own three 914/4s
[/quote]Without even looking at those $20,000 cars, I am willing to bet they have hardley any mileage on the original motor, and are original paint, interior, with no damage, and even original tires. Am I correct ?
[/quote]

BINGO !!!!!!!!!!

Very few 914's in this condition exist in the world. So just becaue you have a 914 don't assume you're sitting on a gold mine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tronporsche
post Sep 24 2008, 11:53 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 9,447
Region Association: Central California

There was a gulf blue 914 a while back in Atlanta, I believe Pat Riley owned it and they said AA was a referral if there were any questions ? Here is a question .....How much did it sell for ? ......Also, Dr. 914, since you are here, I asked one of your salesman, if it was possible to make a rear reflector lens in clear white, with red "Porsche" lettering; as this would go good with the clear Italian rear lenses, then, I would buy the total package !! Is it possible, since you are having the regular style made ( they are now available, as well as the rear italian lenses, rite ? )
+Quote Post
carr914
post Sep 25 2008, 05:40 AM
Post #23

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(number6 @ Sep 24 2008, 07:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 24 2008, 01:51 PM) *

I regularly update a webpage with recent sales, tracking all 914/4s with a public sales record of $12K and over. Click the links where you can see the sale history. Only a few 914/4s have made the $20K club.

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/RecentSales.htm

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) <--Smiling because I currently own three 914/4s

One of my old cars made the list @ 15,100 - woohoo! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
1975 2.0 in green.
The Playboy creds may have helped 1-2 thousand - I can't really say. Actually, come to think of it, I think it helped more than that

Duc, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif) , and I'm not talking about the car. We want pics of the Bunnies

T.C.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
nsr-jamie
post Sep 25 2008, 06:29 AM
Post #24

914 guy in Japan

Member No.: 8,305

Nice 914's in Japan here go for well over 20,000 dollars, I saw a beautiful 73 2.0 restored and they were asking 33,000 dollars and I believe it sold too. I expect the price of our cars to keep going up and up for nice examples.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Sep 25 2008, 08:31 AM
Post #25

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

QUOTE(tronporsche @ Sep 24 2008, 10:53 PM) *

There was a gulf blue 914 a while back in Atlanta, I believe Pat Riley owned it and they said AA was a referral if there were any questions ? Here is a question .....How much did it sell for ? ......Also, Dr. 914, since you are here, I asked one of your salesman, if it was possible to make a rear reflector lens in clear white, with red "Porsche" lettering; as this would go good with the clear Italian rear lenses, then, I would buy the total package !! Is it possible, since you are having the regular style made ( they are now available, as well as the rear italian lenses, rite ? )

I have not heard about Pats car but it was an extremely nice conversion pseudo race car. He was asking 19,000. The rear update can be made in clear yes.
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Sep 25 2008, 02:00 PM
Post #26

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Well if the stock 2.0 are going for that much, it will only make the Creamsicles and Bumblebees climb even higher. Cremsickle on Ebay with buy it now for $17.5K.
+Quote Post
Scott S
post Sep 25 2008, 03:42 PM
Post #27

Small Member

Member No.: 633

QUOTE(tronporsche @ Sep 24 2008, 09:53 PM) *

ummm.... there is no rear Italian lens - they used the standard Euro (yello turn, red brake, clear reverse). The only other lense besides this and the US lense is the French lens (yellow, red yellow - see pic). They come up for sale now and then - the last pair I saw went for 750.00 for both.

Any clear rear is aftermarket. There was a guy who was a member who was making them in pretty much any configuration, but they used visible bolts that went all the way through the lense.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Sep 25 2008, 04:28 PM
Post #28

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I received my EXCELLENCE today & it's a good read. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) My favorite magazine. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

I believe the price tend is up for all 914's & wonder what the market will look like in 5-10 years??

Tom
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Sep 25 2008, 08:10 PM
Post #29

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(number6 @ Sep 24 2008, 03:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 24 2008, 01:51 PM) *

I regularly update a webpage with recent sales, tracking all 914/4s with a public sales record of $12K and over. Click the links where you can see the sale history. Only a few 914/4s have made the $20K club.

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/RecentSales.htm

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) <--Smiling because I currently own three 914/4s

One of my old cars made the list @ 15,100 - woohoo! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
1975 2.0 in green.
Had it been a '73 in yellow, white, or some other more desirable color, I think it could've brought 18 (I helped the people who bought it from me sell on eBay earlier this year; I sold it to them for 14.3 the year before).
The Playboy creds may have helped 1-2 thousand - I can't really say. Actually, come to think of it, I think it helped more than that, considering the car had been painted and motor rebuilt.
I bet Scott's 35,000-mile time capsule (saw it in the recent SF bay area lunch thread) easily breaks the 20K mark, and probably the 30K mark as well. But that's an exceptional car, which I assume doesn't really factor into the calculations for the market updates.

Is Scott selling that beauty????????????????????? He paid me a $1000 for the heat exchangers alone! Nicest 914 4 I have EVER seen. Paul's 3.6 wins overall for appeal though. There is something about being able to hit the hyperspace button that is dead sexy in my book...
+Quote Post
Racer
post Sep 25 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 1,073
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I'm sure 2-3 months ago when the article was being compiled and written those values were fair.

Games over now. US economy and the world economy is in the shitter right now. Not many folks (certainly in the US) spending big money on "toys" like 3rd, 4th 5th cars.

Europeans, perhaps, if only because their currency is still strong. Conbined with a large number of "yuppies" affluent enough to go look for the car of their youth. 914s included.

Where I am at, a "new" 914 was a $5K proposition in the early 1970s. 30 years later they are a $15K proposition. Adjusted for inflation, this might still be "5K" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Gas was $.30 and now its $4. A $20K home is now $200-500K depending on where you live. A $5k 914 in todays world would be a $50K car (hmm.. just like a new Boxster). So while on paper it looks like a big number, think in today's dollars.

And these high prices are for the 1% or less that are still "factory original".

Nothing more fun to read than classified that say "all original" followed by rebuilt motor, repaint etc.. blah blah. They are only original once.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Sep 25 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #31

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(Racer @ Sep 25 2008, 06:13 PM) *

I'm sure 2-3 months ago when the article was being compiled and written those values were fair.

Games over now. US economy and the world economy is in the shitter right now. Not many folks (certainly in the US) spending big money on "toys" like 3rd, 4th 5th cars.

Europeans, perhaps, if only because their currency is still strong. Conbined with a large number of "yuppies" affluent enough to go look for the car of their youth. 914s included.

Where I am at, a "new" 914 was a $5K proposition in the early 1970s. 30 years later they are a $15K proposition. Adjusted for inflation, this might still be "5K" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Gas was $.30 and now its $4. A $20K home is now $200-500K depending on where you live. A $5k 914 in todays world would be a $50K car (hmm.. just like a new Boxster). So while on paper it looks like a big number, think in today's dollars.

And these high prices are for the 1% or less that are still "factory original".

Nothing more fun to read than classified that say "all original" followed by rebuilt motor, repaint etc.. blah blah. They are only original once.

I disagree that a car with a motor rebuilt to original specs or repainted in it's original color is not original. I agree with the implied statement that a preservation car, meaning a car in original unrestored condition might be more valuable.
+Quote Post
tronporsche
post Sep 25 2008, 08:28 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 9,447
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Sep 25 2008, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(tronporsche @ Sep 24 2008, 09:53 PM) *

ummm.... there is no rear Italian lens - they used the standard Euro (yello turn, red brake, clear reverse). The only other lense besides this and the US lense is the French lens (yellow, red yellow - see pic). They come up for sale now and then - the last pair I saw went for 750.00 for both.

Any clear rear is aftermarket. There was a guy who was a member who was making them in pretty much any configuration, but they used visible bolts that went all the way through the lense.
Here is what Automobile Atlanta calls "Italian clear lenses", for the front, and they say they have the same for the rear. Whether they are really from Italy or not doesn't make a difference in car performance, they are for looks! AA just had a sale , any pair for $250, and I got a call saying they "would be ready any day now". Whether or not it happened, I don't know.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Scott S
post Sep 25 2008, 10:59 PM
Post #33

Small Member

Member No.: 633

the clear fronts are what the italian cars came with. If AA is selling all clear rears, they are a product of AA - not Porsche.
+Quote Post
jesiv
post Sep 26 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 7,975

QUOTE(914rrr @ Sep 24 2008, 10:08 AM) *

I sold a nice 74 2.0 w/AC for $14,500 ...about 2 years ago! Two buyers were fighting over it.

Well of course A/C in the South!
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Sep 26 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #35

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Last I knew, my old 6 was for sale in the UK for around $50k US.

Wonder what the early 911's are fetch'n?
+Quote Post
914werke
post Sep 26 2008, 11:57 PM
Post #36

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Still no inclusion of LE's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
+Quote Post
Dominic
post Sep 28 2008, 12:42 AM
Post #37

Dominic

Member No.: 149

Would someone be kind enough to post the numbers (especially for the 914-6 and 2.0L), I just got to Japan and have not recieved my excellence yet.
Thanks for the help!

Dominic
+Quote Post
RoadGlue
post Oct 3 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #38

Sonoma County Gear Head

Group: Admin
Member No.: 108

Can someone do me a huge favor and scan the page that shows the '74 1.7/2.0 values? I have to bring my car to the insurance adjuster (see my "My neighbor backed into my 914" thread) on Tuesday and I'd love to have these values. The news stands are still carrying the Oct edition (duh).

You'd make my day and then some!
+Quote Post
dw914er
post Oct 3 2008, 11:59 PM
Post #39

Planning Cities

Member No.: 8,763
Region Association: Southern California

italian cars only had clear fronts, the rears were the standard euro amber/red/white lights.

I sure do love those french lights.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 04:56 AM