Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Fuel Pump! No power...
slim72914
post Oct 1 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,874

Hey all. I recently finished my new fuel pump install and relocate to the front under the fuel tank. Got it running and all tuned in and then it just stopped pumping... No power. I checked the factory wires where I tapped in to them to extend the wiring to the front and there is no power even before the area where I soldered my connector in. Is there an easy way to check the relay? I tried switching it with one of the other ones in the board (dont remember which one but it had the same part#) and it still did not turn the pump on. Any help??? Thanks all.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Oct 1 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #2

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

turn on your headlights.
If the headlights go up and down, use one of those relays.

Also, on the relay board are two fuses, check that those are good.

Rich
+Quote Post
slim72914
post Oct 1 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,874

Nice! put new fuses in... Fuel pump comes on! 8A and 25A sound right for the two in the relay board?
+Quote Post
swl
post Oct 2 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,550
Region Association: Canada

Those are the correct fuses but it is the 25 that is associated with the fuel pump. I've never been able to figure out what the 8 amp was for. It only shows in early wiring diagrams and seems to be wired to pin 9 of the 12 pin plug. None of the wiring diagrams (at least that I have found) show anything attached to 9 so it must be an option. Maybe aircon or sportomatic? In any case you probably don't need the 8.
+Quote Post
dbgriffith75
post Oct 2 2008, 10:12 PM
Post #5

TheGrif

Member No.: 7,945
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Those are the correct fuses but it is the 25 that is associated with the fuel pump. I've never been able to figure out what the 8 amp was for. It only shows in early wiring diagrams and seems to be wired to pin 9 of the 12 pin plug. None of the wiring diagrams (at least that I have found) show anything attached to 9 so it must be an option. Maybe aircon or sportomatic? In any case you probably don't need the 8.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 12 pin connector the power supply to the board?
+Quote Post
swl
post Oct 3 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,550
Region Association: Canada

generally speaking the 12pin is carrying stuff to the engine. Ignition power, starter, tach, backup light switch... Lot of power going through there but mostly on the way to the engine. Supply for the board itself comes in at the top through the 14pin
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:31 PM