Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Fuel Pump! No power...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slim72914
Hey all. I recently finished my new fuel pump install and relocate to the front under the fuel tank. Got it running and all tuned in and then it just stopped pumping... No power. I checked the factory wires where I tapped in to them to extend the wiring to the front and there is no power even before the area where I soldered my connector in. Is there an easy way to check the relay? I tried switching it with one of the other ones in the board (dont remember which one but it had the same part#) and it still did not turn the pump on. Any help??? Thanks all.
r_towle
turn on your headlights.
If the headlights go up and down, use one of those relays.

Also, on the relay board are two fuses, check that those are good.

Rich
slim72914
Nice! put new fuses in... Fuel pump comes on! 8A and 25A sound right for the two in the relay board?
swl
Those are the correct fuses but it is the 25 that is associated with the fuel pump. I've never been able to figure out what the 8 amp was for. It only shows in early wiring diagrams and seems to be wired to pin 9 of the 12 pin plug. None of the wiring diagrams (at least that I have found) show anything attached to 9 so it must be an option. Maybe aircon or sportomatic? In any case you probably don't need the 8.
dbgriffith75
Those are the correct fuses but it is the 25 that is associated with the fuel pump. I've never been able to figure out what the 8 amp was for. It only shows in early wiring diagrams and seems to be wired to pin 9 of the 12 pin plug. None of the wiring diagrams (at least that I have found) show anything attached to 9 so it must be an option. Maybe aircon or sportomatic? In any case you probably don't need the 8.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 12 pin connector the power supply to the board?
swl
generally speaking the 12pin is carrying stuff to the engine. Ignition power, starter, tach, backup light switch... Lot of power going through there but mostly on the way to the engine. Supply for the board itself comes in at the top through the 14pin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.