Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Seat adjuster pulls - Look mom no pop rivets, Powder coated in black 2 for $39.99 or one for $25
Mikey914
post Oct 1 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #1

The rubber man

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

As always best prices for world members here -

This is a seat pull handle that has been machined out of steel. It is guaranteed not to break and installs simply.

OEM were made from pot metal and over time broke as they fatigued.
Some replacements have been made from plastic that flexes not giving a sold feel when using. They also require the use of pop rivets to install.

This part solves some of the problems of it's predecessors.

It will not break. It's 1/4" steel, your track rail will break before it does. Far superior to plastic.

It installs using machine screws and lock washers. You can drill out the pop rivets and take the old broken stub out. after doing this you will need to drill the holes to accommodate the machine screws. The simply attach the new handle using the machine screws and lock washers. If your really worried about it coming loose you can use some lock-tite.

I have added pictures from my installation. The process is simple. Drill out the old brass pop rivets, then drill out the track to accept the new Allen screws I used 9/32", but you may have to use 5/16" if you aren't right on the holes.

Include are the handle and mounting hardware.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 06:04 PM