Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat adjuster pulls - Look mom no pop rivets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Mikey914
As always best prices for world members here -

This is a seat pull handle that has been machined out of steel. It is guaranteed not to break and installs simply.

OEM were made from pot metal and over time broke as they fatigued.
Some replacements have been made from plastic that flexes not giving a sold feel when using. They also require the use of pop rivets to install.

This part solves some of the problems of it's predecessors.

It will not break. It's 1/4" steel, your track rail will break before it does. Far superior to plastic.

It installs using machine screws and lock washers. You can drill out the pop rivets and take the old broken stub out. after doing this you will need to drill the holes to accommodate the machine screws. The simply attach the new handle using the machine screws and lock washers. If your really worried about it coming loose you can use some lock-tite.

I have added pictures from my installation. The process is simple. Drill out the old brass pop rivets, then drill out the track to accept the new Allen screws I used 9/32", but you may have to use 5/16" if you aren't right on the holes.

Include are the handle and mounting hardware.
JazonJJordan
Those look great Mike~

My -buy- list is getting longer..(sigh)...

we will be in touch...Thanks!
Mikey914
Let me know when your ready I can put together a package for your that can save you a few bucks.

Thanks again - Mark
johnpierre
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 1 2008, 08:39 PM) *

As always best prices for world members here -

This is a seat pull handle that has been machined out of steel. It is guaranteed not to break and installs simply.

OEM were made from pot metal and over time broke as they fatigued.
Some replacements have been made from plastic that flexes not giving a sold feel when using. They also require the use of pop rivets to install.

This part solves some of the problems of it's predecessors.

It will not break. It's 1/4" steel, your track rail will break before it does. Far superior to plastic.

It installs using machine screws and lock washers. You can drill out the pop rivets and take the old broken stub out. after doing this you will need to drill the holes to accommodate the machine screws. The simply attach the new handle using the machine screws and lock washers. If your really worried about it coming loose you can use some lock-tite.

I have added pictures from my installation. The process is simple. Drill out the old brass pop rivets, then drill out the track to accept the new Allen screws I used 9/32", but you may have to use 5/16" if you aren't right on the holes.

Include are the handle and mounting hardware.

Are these still avaliable
monkeyboy
Yes, I just bought some last week.
johnpierre
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Jan 18 2013, 10:46 AM) *

Yes, I just bought some last week.

You got the last set, he only has one (single piece) left. Oh well...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.