Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rover 3.5 V-8 Conversion?, All-aluminum V-8, 200 easy HP...
JRust
post Oct 2 2008, 09:08 PM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 2 2008, 07:55 PM) *

Do you need to use a cut down pulley with that water pump? That is pretty cool.

I think the pulley sits in the same spot. I plan on changin my pulley setup some. It does come into the firewall just a bit at the bottom. Moving the tranny back will help with that. Once I add the remote pump I will change the pulley to a little closer to the engine & set the alternator back a bit too. The pulley on it now is a double with the belt sitting on the outer one. That will all change this winter
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LarryR
post Oct 2 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 7,604

DUDE!

Today is your day. I had just seen the bell housing adaptor on ebay before coming to this site:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Porsche-...emZ260295074869

No affiliation just thought I would point you at it since you were thinking about it already.

Larry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Oct 2 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #23

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

If you change your mind, I am looking for a Rover V8 for my 1954 Austin Healey 100-4. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
michaelt55
post Oct 3 2008, 06:14 AM
Post #24

Graduate of Life's experiences

Member No.: 6,753
Region Association: None

I also have a 914 with the 215 Buick V8. I have the specs for my engine if you need them..makes great HP/torque, balanced, I would think using this setup makes all the sense in the world...

Michael
+Quote Post
Cheapsnake
post Oct 3 2008, 07:32 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 8,341

Well, I'm off to a conference and then to check the 914 out afterwards. I'll let you know what I find, possibly with pics. It'll be late tonight.

Tom
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Oct 3 2008, 08:23 AM
Post #26

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Hmm, what to do with this 914 I just got..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
tronporsche
post Oct 3 2008, 06:19 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 9,447
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Oct 3 2008, 06:23 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Hmm, what to do with this 914 I just got..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
.....YES........DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
Cheapsnake
post Oct 3 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #28

Alas, this car does not appear to be in my future. Longitudinals and floor pan were definitely needing replacement, but salvageable and I was OK with that. However, the body had random spots of rust-through in places you don't normally see rust. This concerned me since it raised the question of what else is there that I'm not seeing.

I'm going to have to pass on this one, but I'm more pumped than ever to find one and get this project going.

Tom

Jrust, that Cobra in your avatar looks familiar. I think I've got it's brother.
+Quote Post
Cheapsnake
post Oct 3 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(LarryR @ Oct 2 2008, 09:20 PM) *

DUDE!

Today is your day. I had just seen the bell housing adaptor on ebay before coming to this site:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Porsche-...emZ260295074869

No affiliation just thought I would point you at it since you were thinking about it already.

Thanks Larry, I think I've got to score this thing, too good to pass up.

Larry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post
JRust
post Oct 4 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #30

914 Guru

Member No.: 129

QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Oct 3 2008, 06:59 PM) *

Alas, this car does not appear to be in my future. Longitudinals and floor pan were definitely needing replacement, but salvageable and I was OK with that. However, the body had random spots of rust-through in places you don't normally see rust. This concerned me since it raised the question of what else is there that I'm not seeing.

I'm going to have to pass on this one, but I'm more pumped than ever to find one and get this project going.

Tom

I would consider buying a Cali car & shipping it. Going to be tough to find a low rust car there. Definately worth the wait & price to get a solid core car with little rust.

The Cobra was a buddy I sold a 914 too for an electric conversion. I went over to help him pull my engine out of the 914. This happened to be in the garage when I got there. I said you are going to have to take me for a ride in that. He says as soon as we are done you can drive it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) . He has sold it since
+Quote Post
Cheapsnake
post Oct 4 2008, 07:00 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 4 2008, 09:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Oct 3 2008, 06:59 PM) *

Tom

The Cobra was a buddy I sold a 914 too for an electric conversion. I went over to help him pull my engine out of the 914. This happened to be in the garage when I got there. I said you are going to have to take me for a ride in that. He says as soon as we are done you can drive it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) . He has sold it since

I would consider buying a Cali car & shipping it. Going to be tough to find a low rust car there. Definately worth the wait & price to get a solid core car with little rust.

You're probably rtight about the Cali car but I bought one 914 on ebay, sight unseen and got burned so I'm real skittish about doing it again. Besides, I need to bond with the car before I own it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) There's couple around here I'm going to check out whenever I can find the time so keeping my fingers crossed.

Tom
+Quote Post
BIGKAT_83
post Oct 4 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 194
Region Association: South East States

I have a 914 west coast low rust car already done with V8 conversion with bad engine, 5 lug, nice interior, fluidyne aluminum radiator spal fans, tach and instruments for V8 and will be in WI. in Jan for work. Could deliver for the extra gas money. If your interested PM me.

Bob
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 11:02 PM