Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Distributor & Carb Conversion, Unilite Benefits and Advance Curve
vesnyder
post Oct 4 2008, 11:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,933

I am looking for an article that outlines the benefits and requirements of a centrifugal advance distributor? I converted to carbs and am still in the process of tuning and jetting the carbs but would like to understand the how much of a performance improvement (power and MPG's) I could expect from the Uni-Lite dizzy and exactly how I reset (if I have to) the timimng to take advantage of the advance capabilities.

Thanks in advance!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
craig downs
post Oct 4 2008, 01:38 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,189
Region Association: Southern California

As far as the Mallory Unilite goes the new ones have been found that they aren't good anymore. The module has a tendency to fail and the timing tends to scatter. They went to hell after they started making them down in Mexico.
Racer Chris took apart a new and old module and found that some of electronics were left out of the new ones.
+Quote Post
sgetsiv
post Oct 4 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #3

Former 914 Owner :(

Member No.: 9,192
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I just installed the mechanical advance Unilite on my dual Empi carb 2.0. The wiring was backwards on the coil and it did blow out the spark module. After replacing the module and wiring correctly, I am very happy with the performance.

I actually installed the Unilite on my car before doing the dual carb upgrade. It made a massive difference in terms of running smooth.

I bought mine from aircooled.net and had them set it up. Not cheap but worth it.

Steve
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 07:35 PM