Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributor & Carb Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I am looking for an article that outlines the benefits and requirements of a centrifugal advance distributor? I converted to carbs and am still in the process of tuning and jetting the carbs but would like to understand the how much of a performance improvement (power and MPG's) I could expect from the Uni-Lite dizzy and exactly how I reset (if I have to) the timimng to take advantage of the advance capabilities.

Thanks in advance!
craig downs
As far as the Mallory Unilite goes the new ones have been found that they aren't good anymore. The module has a tendency to fail and the timing tends to scatter. They went to hell after they started making them down in Mexico.
Racer Chris took apart a new and old module and found that some of electronics were left out of the new ones.
sgetsiv
I just installed the mechanical advance Unilite on my dual Empi carb 2.0. The wiring was backwards on the coil and it did blow out the spark module. After replacing the module and wiring correctly, I am very happy with the performance.

I actually installed the Unilite on my car before doing the dual carb upgrade. It made a massive difference in terms of running smooth.

I bought mine from aircooled.net and had them set it up. Not cheap but worth it.

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.