Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Big Thanks To the Doc, For Letting Me in the Operating Room
Spoke
post Oct 4 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #1

Jerry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

Just wanted to give a big Thank You to Dr. Evil for letting me into his operating room; tranny OR (his garage) that is, to help me prep a side shift transmission for my 71.

This was the first time I've opened up a tranny to work on it. Evil really knows his way around a tranny. I still can't tell the good side of a synchronizer.

The tranny was from an engine I bought in DC so I had no idea what the condition was. Good thing we operated as the main bearing inside was cracked and the synchronizers were gummed up with dried goop. The pic doesn't show how clean the inside is.

Evil let me get my hands dirty which was a blast. The only thing I screwed up on was installing the main shaft seal. It got crooked and didn't seat well. Luckily Evil had a spare.

Evil even showed off his creative genius by painting a cool graphic on the side of his bike.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Oct 6 2008, 11:10 AM
Post #2

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Hey Jerry,
It was great having you down. I was beat that night, possibly from the solvent fumes as well. I had a great time. I'll post pics of the bike when i get one whole side done.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Oct 6 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #3

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

You're lucky, trannies are an area I don't mess with and would love to learn more about. Mike is a good guy.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 07:08 PM