Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Big Thanks To the Doc
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
Just wanted to give a big Thank You to Dr. Evil for letting me into his operating room; tranny OR (his garage) that is, to help me prep a side shift transmission for my 71.

This was the first time I've opened up a tranny to work on it. Evil really knows his way around a tranny. I still can't tell the good side of a synchronizer.

The tranny was from an engine I bought in DC so I had no idea what the condition was. Good thing we operated as the main bearing inside was cracked and the synchronizers were gummed up with dried goop. The pic doesn't show how clean the inside is.

Evil let me get my hands dirty which was a blast. The only thing I screwed up on was installing the main shaft seal. It got crooked and didn't seat well. Luckily Evil had a spare.

Evil even showed off his creative genius by painting a cool graphic on the side of his bike.
Dr Evil
Hey Jerry,
It was great having you down. I was beat that night, possibly from the solvent fumes as well. I had a great time. I'll post pics of the bike when i get one whole side done.
Root_Werks
You're lucky, trannies are an area I don't mess with and would love to learn more about. Mike is a good guy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.