Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Master cylinder issue? Basically new, Leaking fluid like a sieve
JRust
post Oct 7 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Okay so I haven't been able to drive my car for the last month from overheating issues. I finally got my new renegade radiator installed & solved my cooling issues. Once I am thru with the whole burping process I want to go for a drive. I back up in the driveway to turn around & my foot goes to the floor when I use my brake. I pump the pedal but get nothing. I push the car back in the garage. Pop my hood & check my fluid. Reservoir is bone dry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

I pull my access plate below the rack. Everything in place (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) . By the way I replaced this 19mm Master cylinder 3 months ago. It has maybe 500 miles on it tops. I get my bottle of brake fluid & proceed to fill my reservoir. Then peek under my car to see if there is a leak. Heck yeah it is leaking from my master cylinder. I did not have a leak before it was parked??? The fluid is coming from the top of the master cylinder where the feed tubes go into the rubber seals. It is leaking from outside the seals? Coming out very quick? What can I do to fix it? What would cause this? The only thing that has change is I welded in a new section in my front trunk. So there was some heat down there but not that close to the master cylinder. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

What do you suggest?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:01 PM