Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 club versus 356 weenies.....
ArtechnikA
post Feb 8 2004, 08:08 AM
Post #21

rich herzog

Group: Members
Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 7 2004, 07:39 PM)
What is a average age of a 356 owner? 70-80?

and don't forget, that's with Mikey and me pulling it down ...

so i gotta ask y'all - do -i- act like a 356 owner here ? does Mikey ?

i don't believe it has anything to do with the age.
i don't believe it has anything to do with the car.
i think it has everything to do with the kind of person that was originally attracted to the car, a long time ago, and has not taken favorably to the changes in the world these past 40-50 years.

i'd love to have my '53 running for the 50th Parade in 2005, just down the road in Hershey, PA. i don't think it will happen, in no small part due to the money i spend on the 911 and the time i spend with you guys ...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Feb 8 2004, 09:23 AM
Post #22

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

http://www.356registry.org/356Talk/join_or_leave.html

Here's the link....join up and say hi!!!

They really like questions on cup holders, which tires to buy, VW/Type IV conversions, why are four cam motors so expensive and the number one question....TEST....is this thing working????

Give em hell guys..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 8 2004, 09:54 AM
Post #23

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

BOY!!! they have a fine set of rules. is Barney the moderator? i would sign up and ask if 4 lug fuch would fit on a 356, because the stock wheels are too thin but i can't be bothered with deleting upwards of 70 emails a day. the threads that pop up from pelican that are 6-12 months old are enough as it is.

kevin
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Feb 8 2004, 10:39 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I think we have found the exact opposite of the 914club board.

-no pictures/attachments?
-2 posts per day limit?
-no OT?
-"strip all unessential verbiage"? I'm screwed! Oops sorry that was unessential.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Feb 8 2004, 10:44 AM
Post #25

rich herzog

i guess i just don't understand the issue.

if you don't like their rules, don't join.
i know there are people who have come here, didn't like the atmosphere, and don't show up much (if at all) any more. what's our attitude to those people? "We don't need them." EXACTLY.

if you want to start a "914Club-like" 356 board, GO FOR IT!
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Feb 8 2004, 10:51 AM
Post #26

Ah Rich, don't get the panties all bunched up....we're (or I is) just having fun at the expense of a few constipated old tight asses..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

I'm gonna go strip down t tee shirt and shorts and work on the 9 eleben....

A friend (yes I have those) taught me how to fill rock chips with a dimple of paint and then 1500 sand block it down level....saves having to the repaint the whole lid.
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Feb 8 2004, 11:12 AM
Post #27

rich herzog

QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 8 2004, 08:51 AM)
Ah Rich, don't get the panties all bunched up....

A friend (yes I have those) taught me how to fill rock chips with a dimple of paint and then 1500 sand block it down level....

it'll take more than that to bunchify my panties ...

just i see this from time to time and wonder what's the point - guys (not you, Mike...) who aren't interested in participating in something in the first place complain about the rules in a club or forum they don't even really want to join. let it go - you aren't going to change them, and neither of you really cares about the other ...

lets face it - 356/911/914 combined ownership is pretty unusual. i expect the few we see here in 914 whackjob land are most of the population :-) ...

a multiple-Parade-concours-class-win 911 guy from San Diego taught us the rock-chip fix a long time ago. for a field-expedient fix (show-day, for instance...) you can use the base of a book match as a teeny, one-use rock chip paintbrush.

i'll be doing a LOT of small-area chip repairs this year... fortunately, the 911's white color is easy to match ...
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 8 2004, 11:38 AM
Post #28

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

It would be fun to ask a couple of dumb questions to liven up the old pharts but not at the expense of getting 70+ emails a day. I'm on the Healey list and there kinda the same way. I delete a bunch of mail and never read it. I thought you were on a BBS. It's all for fun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) Lifes too short to be that serious... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

BTW: Be sure to get ALL the wax out of the chip before doing the fill trick. I had an owner bring his 911 in after dotting in a million chips and wanted us to the the block and buff for him. My painter went to sand and buff the chips and the paint dots were just coming off leaving a white speck. DUOOoo! We ended up shooting the front and mirrors anyway. Use ample wax and grease remover, and try using a Q-tip in the chip. Be sure the chip isn't to the metal. rust will still grow under the filed in chip.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Feb 8 2004, 11:43 AM
Post #29

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

Cool. I can go through and collect all their email addresses from the classifieds and spam them with big T4 ads. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

At least ours are a few layers deep in code.

B
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Feb 8 2004, 11:43 AM
Post #30

rich herzog

QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Feb 8 2004, 09:38 AM)
It would be fun to ask a couple of dumb questions to liven up the old pharts but not at the expense of getting 70+ emails a day.

if you subscribe here to the 'new topic notification' and 'topic reply' functions, you're getting that many from here.

if you don't want that many individual emails, subscribe to the Digest (like i do with RennList's 911 and Racing lists...). you read about the Digest option, right ?
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Feb 8 2004, 11:57 AM
Post #31

Dunno know where the 70+ number came from....the 356 list averages 10-12 at the most....when a RANT goes on, you can 30-40...
+Quote Post
Air_Cooled_Nut
post Feb 8 2004, 12:29 PM
Post #32

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Member No.: 584

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Feb 8 2004, 08:39 AM)
I think we have found the exact opposite of the 914club board.

-no pictures/attachments?
-2 posts per day limit?
-no OT?
-"strip all unessential verbiage"?  I'm screwed!  Oops sorry that was unessential.

Except for the "2 post limit" (which I think is pretty flipping stupid) and the 5K limit, the Type Three email list I'm on has the same rules. We all deal with enough email -- and people -- to understand the sense with these rules (like the no swearing and no flaming). Many people don't have the "latest and greatest" in software so keeping everything in text format, small and to the point, makes it very easy for anyone to get the emails, particularly those whose email client can't decode HTML and/or are using a dial-up internet connection. The "unessential verbage" means delete all of the text of the email you are responding to except for the part you are answering to. This becomes particularly important on topics that generate a lot of responses. It also greatly assists when searching the archives.

Email vs web forum are very different animals. Just shedding some light (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Feb 8 2004, 05:14 PM
Post #33

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

QUOTE(914ghost @ Feb 7 2004, 09:58 PM)
Oh they're old AND rich...and have you seen any of their daughters lately ? ??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smlove2.gif)

dude, that's gross. their daughters are my parent's age.
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Feb 8 2004, 08:25 PM
Post #34

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

Mike, post the link...
I'll hook 'em up with the Dutch 914 guys and they can all go bowling together :finger2:

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 08:57 AM