Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

53 Pages V « < 51 52 53  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Official Project thread, Everything (and more) you never-wanted to know about carpeting
RiqueMar
post Apr 6 2022, 12:15 PM
Post #1041

Enrique Allen Mar

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,478
Region Association: Southern California

Hello 914World! Long time no-post, however I'm still here and 'chipping' away. Had a bit of a problem in the Fall with 'rough running' on my engine that I believe has been isolated to the ECU. While that one is in for repair, modification and upgrade - I purchased a 'rebuilt' and certified unit from Steve Wong Link to SWChips.com and 'voilĂ !' everything works again, with the only change being that I moved pin 18 (constant power) to a fused source.

While I'm able to run the engine consistently with starter fluid, this leads me to believe I need to give the fuel system another look. Next order of business is to remove and send in the injectors for cleaning / servicing as well as the fuel-rails just to be safe, because I had them re-plated. Also, going to use this opportunity to install a fuel-pressure gauge on the fuel rail and (maybe) replace the fuel pump. More details later, but for now, sharing my 'finished' wiring diagram. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Apr 7 2022, 06:45 AM
Post #1042

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Hello Enrique - Nice to see you back and still making progress. Is WCR in your plans? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Apr 7 2022, 05:09 PM
Post #1043

Enrique Allen Mar

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 7 2022, 05:45 AM) *

Hello Enrique - Nice to see you back and still making progress. Is WCR in your plans? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

@Cairo94507 - I've been at it, it's just been a bit 'slow' recently - our business has really picked up. No complaints here though, it's better than the alternative! I think WCR is in July - I don't think I can have my car up there that quickly, but I'll try and tag along and find an empty seat or cool car to bring. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Apr 7 2022, 06:04 PM
Post #1044

Enrique Allen Mar

I mentioned previously that the car was running rough. I suspect it's the injectors. As a precaution I'm also going to take this opportunity check or replace the following. I don't foresee this as a big problem, because I've had the car running in this configuration for 10-20 minutes at a time, but we'll see....

- Servicing the injectors: As much as I would like to get new ones, at $250 each, I just can't see it happening.
- New Fuel Pump: This unit sat for a while and I remember there was something 'finicky' about it before reinstalling it. Further, it's been with the car for atleast as long as I can remember and sat 'dry' for the longest time. Also, when I turn the ignition ON and the system is on, it seems a bit loud. Something here doesn't seem right.
- Check the fuel lines: These are new, but I'm going to check underneath the tank, in the tunnel and out the rear firewall for any 'kinks'.
- Lower the fuel filter: I made the mistake of mounting the fuel-filter above the fuel pump in the front trunk, and a bit too high. While it's easy to get to, clean and replace, it's too high and I need to lower lower it to about the same level as the fuel pump.
- Install a pressure Gauge on the passenger-side fuel rail: I'm sure I can do this, I'm just not sure how to yet.

Getting ready for each of these, I spent last night removing the injectors and wanted to be careful because I've already detailed the engine bay. Pretty straight forward, just started at the Passenger-side fuel rail and disconnected the supply line. It had a bit of fuel, but nothing that a water-bottle and a rag can't handle. From there, just disconnected each hose tot eh pressure regulator and engine fuel system and repeated the same on the Driver-side. For those that are doing this for the first time, give yourself about 1.5-2hrs, have a few rags and take your time. It gets a bit cramped in the 914 engine bay, but it's not too difficult with light, a Gatorade/Bottle handy and the tools on-hand (16, 17, 18, 19mm wrench). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
eric9144
post Nov 28 2022, 09:53 AM
Post #1045

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,876

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
flat4guy
post Apr 25 2023, 07:39 PM
Post #1046

Member No.: 20,484

Attached Image
Great looking build - hope to see your car sometime.
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Dec 26 2023, 03:14 PM
Post #1047

Enrique Allen Mar

Hi Guys!

Still here and with the project! Our business just really picked up last-year and, as well, went through a divorce so this was put on the back-burner. I swear, I think I was only 'home' for about a total of 4-months in 2022-2023. In any-case, working on my first-property and I'd like to see this done sometime in 2024! Last-week, I began calling around to different shops to 'push this across' the finish line - very excited to find the 'right' place!

Thought I'de check in, hope everyone is doing well! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Dec 26 2023, 08:27 PM
Post #1048

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Enrique - If I can help with anything, just let me know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Feb 25 2024, 09:57 AM
Post #1049

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

Enrique - Sorry to hear about the divorce- no fun. I really hope you are doing well, moving on and maybe that you found the shop to complete your car. I know it likely rubs you the wrong way to have someone else work on your car, but at some point, time is worth more than money. Hope to see you driving that beauty very soon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Cheers,
Michael
+Quote Post

53 Pages V « < 51 52 53
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:28 AM