Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Creamsicle resto thread- A little sad tonight, Sold & loaded on a trailer! Headed to Florida to Tommy
ConeDodger
post Jun 13 2011, 08:34 AM
Post #281

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 13 2011, 05:54 AM) *

The real question now will be who is going to drive it up to WCR? Of course Mark get's dibs over anyone else. Just whoever it is needs to get a ride back home from someone making the trip up. It's that or I fly down to drive it back. Although I took a quick look & those prices are insane. One way to San Fransico for $500+ no thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

There are a couple people who are local going up. I expect someone can bring him back. Ya'll can't keep him up there though... As you can see, he is pretty valuable to us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jun 13 2011, 09:05 AM
Post #282

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

QUOTE(majkos @ Jun 13 2011, 06:40 AM) *

BTW was it the MPS for the oddies?

and could have you warm the motor a bit more for a smoother take off? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Give the ol' girl a break. It's the first time she moved on her own. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Got the MPS tweaked a bit yesterday. The aneroid cells had become dislodged somehow. Maybe someone dropped the MPS at some point. But with the cells misaligned, it was causing an extra lean condition.

I'll probably be driving it up. As long asits registered. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Jun 13 2011, 09:41 AM
Post #283

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Michael N
post Jun 13 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #284

Certifiable

Member No.: 2,164

The real question now will be who is going to drive it up to WCR? Of course Mark get's dibs over anyone else. Just whoever it is needs to get a ride back home from someone making the trip up. It's that or I fly down to drive it back. Although I took a quick look & those prices are insane. One way to San Fransico for $500+ no thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Mark can't drive the Creamcicle up because he'll be driving the limo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Jun 13 2011, 10:30 AM
Post #285

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I'll drive it...
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jun 13 2011, 11:16 AM
Post #286

914 Guru

Member No.: 129

QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 13 2011, 08:05 AM) *

I'll probably be driving it up. As long asits registered. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Perfect! I will get the tags tommorow & send them down. Talk to you soon Mark (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jun 13 2011, 11:39 AM
Post #287

914 Freak!

QUOTE(Michael N @ Jun 13 2011, 09:18 AM) *

Mark can't drive the Creamcicle up because he'll be driving the limo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

I'm going to use Jamie's car to tow the limo chassis up there and then just coast downhill going home. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Chris Pincetich
post Jun 13 2011, 03:06 PM
Post #288

B-)

Member No.: 4,907

It lives (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
I was there when the entire garage filled with smoke after it caught for the first time.
+Quote Post
Michael N
post Jun 13 2011, 04:00 PM
Post #289

Certifiable

Member No.: 2,164

QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 13 2011, 09:39 AM) *

QUOTE(Michael N @ Jun 13 2011, 09:18 AM) *

I'm going to use Jamie's car to tow the limo chassis up there and then just coast downhill going home. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jun 13 2011, 04:12 PM
Post #290

914 Guru

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jun 13 2011, 02:06 PM) *

It lives (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
I was there when the entire garage filled with smoke after it caught for the first time.

I had dreams of that happening with me in the garage! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Of course I've had dreams that involved it going up in smoke too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jun 24 2011, 12:29 AM
Post #291

914 Guru

Drove my LE for about 20 minutes tonight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) . Mark has it running great. I can't wait to put it through the autoX tommorow. Then it get's a much needed bath. It is one filthy car after sitting through the previous year at the wrench who shall remain nameless. Now I just need to spend some time sorting out a few cosmetic problems. Also the rebuilt tranny is leaking byt he tailcone/intermediate plate. So I will be pulling it to replace that gasket. Kind of strange as all it has done is sit for a long time. Figures though but who cares. I can actually drive it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Mark at Original Customs is my hero! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jun 24 2011, 08:39 AM
Post #292

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

pics???
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jun 24 2011, 11:43 PM
Post #293

914 Guru

Here is one of my Co-Driver Ian! It is missing the spoiler as I am flat towing it. It ran great all day & had no issues on the track. Awesome day!!!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jun 26 2011, 06:58 PM
Post #294

914 Freak!

I was glad to see your guys hammering on it at the AX. Drive it like you stole it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Oct 11 2011, 10:40 AM
Post #295

914 Guru

Another update as it has been a while. I pulled the tranny that was leaking from the tailcone. It was a rebuilt one but the gasket got a little goobered when it was put on. I had another rebuilt tranny on my shelf so I just put it in there. The dash that I bought off ebay supposedly uncracked wasn't as I said before. It wasn't super obvious before. Now the cracks look more pronounced & annoy the hell out of me. I just bought a excellent uncracked dash for it. Damn things are spendy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) . I started pulling out my intereior last night to get the dash off. I still need to get the lower dash out & then I am ready to pull it. While there are plenty of little things with my paint that drive me nuts. My car looks great just not perfect. At least I will have my interior as close to perfect as I can. There will be no cracks or tears in anything. I will take some pics for you guys soon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Oct 18 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #296

914 Guru

I got my new (used) uncracked dash yesterday. I installed it tonight. I still have to put everything under the dash back in. I forgot what a pain in the ass getting to some of those plastic nuts are (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) . Oh well it does look great in place. I'll get a pic up once I get everything back in
+Quote Post
McMark
post Oct 19 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #297

914 Freak!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jan 7 2012, 09:22 PM
Post #298

914 Guru

Figured I needed to update my resto thread with the latest. After deciding to redo my interior floor after finding some rust by the seat mounts. I pulled all the tar mat off the floor. Wire brushed everything & treated the small rust area's. I had one little 1/8" hole I had to fill. I got that all done & moved onto the rear trunk.

It was not done well when I had it painted. It sitting outside at the shop didn't help the tailight leak. I had some minor rust there to deal with. Mostly because the guy who painted it didn't do the work in the trunk he should have. Anyway I completely stripped the rear trunk & prepped it for paint. Once I did that I wasn't happy with the front trunk. I stripped it & prepped it for paint too. After trying to used the rattle cans I had made when I got my car painted. I wasn't happy with the results. So I decided to go buy a paint gun & take my first shot at painting. Man painting is definitely not easy. I was happy with the rear trunk on my first attempt.

The front trunk I wasn't happy with. I was trying to paint basically the area where the spare sits. So everything below the shelf. I didn't do a good job of taping by the wall & ended up needing to redo the front trunk.

I also repainted the interior floor. I've got to pull my rear window & reinstall it. The windshield calking I used didn't cut it. I'll be doing that this week. Next weekend I plan to put the interior back in. The only thing I should have left after that is the front valance. One end by the tire had the fiberglass hole tear out by the screw. So now I get to learn to deal with fiberglass (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jan 13 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #299

914 Guru

My plan for tomorrow is to finish hooking up the clutch at the pedal cluster. Then start my LE & back it out of the trailer. I've got to get into town to get some buytl tape to reinstall the rear window. Anyone think it would be worth the trouble to add a rear window defrost I have in another car? It was not a stock option but some were added from the factory. Once that is installed my interior goes back in. I do have to get the front valance fixed & back on also. But then the LE is finished. Although that is a big knock on wood. I've thought I had it finished way to many times (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 14 2012, 08:32 AM
Post #300

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

I like the defroster glass and have one to go in my six. If you have it, install it.
+Quote Post

20 Pages V « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 01:17 AM