Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SCCA EP, FP or SPO, I flop more than a fish out of water
GaroldShaffer
post Oct 21 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Some people here know last fall I bought an older FP car with a dead motor. My plan was to drop a /6 in it and run DE/AX events with it. This past weekend I was up at BlackHawk farms crewing for my friend running a HP MG midget. There were two 914's there also, one running EP the other FP. While talking with both drivers about their cars and then about mine I really get the feeling deep down that I should maybe remove the /6 mount and just build a good FP engine. I already have a 3.0L six engine waiting to go in, just need to get a flywheel for it. I really have the itch to get my SCCA novice license next spring and drive in some races with my buddy(s). My concern is with the 3.0 from everything I read I would run SPO with the big V8 guys, which maybe I guess kind of has me a little worried that I am not ready for that level of racing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I guess my other thought is it would be fun to run with my HP buddies also. So......
any thoughts?

I know quit being a wimp (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 01:32 AM