Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Seattle 914 work party this saturday, Lunch/work party at Rich's. Start around 11am
JRust
post Oct 22 2008, 12:24 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hey guys I'm heading up to Seatle area on Saturday. I've got some parts to drop off & some to pick up. I will be meeting Rich to buy a valance for my Creamsicle. I also need to meet up with Jeff to drop off some flares. Just wondered if anyone wanted to do some sort of 914 get together. I'm up for a lunch or a work party or whatever (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) . I've got the day blocked off for 914 stuff. So throw out any ideas or if you are available. Thanks- Jamie
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
dinomium
post Oct 22 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #2

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74

QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 22 2008, 11:24 AM) *

Hey guys I'm heading up to Seatle area on Saturday. I've got some parts to drop off & some to pick up. I will be meeting Rich to buy a valance for my Creamsicle. I also need to meet up with Jeff to drop off some flares. Just wondered if anyone wanted to do some sort of 914 get together. I'm up for a lunch or a work party or whatever (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) . I've got the day blocked off for 914 stuff. So throw out any ideas or if you are available. Thanks- Jamie

Once again when there is a a chance for 914 fun, I will be in Portland for racing. 12 hour endro is Saturday. I will be the guy lugging gas for a M3...
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Oct 22 2008, 02:40 PM
Post #3

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

Why would we want to meet up with you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

I'm game Jamie... It would be great to see you.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Oct 22 2008, 03:02 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

I may even drive the LE up. Doesn't look much like a creamsicle yet though. I'm going to throw some new plugs & wires on it tommorow night. MY sppedo doesn't work at all either. I'm hoping it is just disconnected at the tranny. Probably totally broke but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Anyone up there a body guy that wants to fix my fender. Needs some welding (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Oct 22 2008, 07:02 PM
Post #5

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Needs some welding

hammer/weld or weld a new piece on , wich ever is best, looks like its been welded and hammered hard already. no worries.
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Oct 22 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #6

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 22 2008, 02:02 PM) *

I may even drive the LE up. Doesn't look much like a creamsicle yet though. I'm going to throw some new plugs & wires on it tommorow night. MY sppedo doesn't work at all either. I'm hoping it is just disconnected at the tranny. Probably totally broke but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Anyone up there a body guy that wants to fix my fender. Needs some welding (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Are you still whining about your fender...suck-it-up and do it yourself! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Oct 22 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #7

914 Guru

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 22 2008, 06:02 PM) *

Needs some welding

hammer/weld or weld a new piece on , wich ever is best, looks like its been welded and hammered hard already. no worries.

Maybe you can help me figure that out. I took out all the filler & hammered it out some. It's about as good as I can get it. If you can fix it for me I'd be happy to knock some off the flairs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty
post Oct 22 2008, 09:24 PM
Post #8

The Fun Never Stops

Member No.: 718
Region Association: None

Top off weather for the drive for sure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Oct 23 2008, 01:50 AM
Post #9

You know... you better tell us what the deal is. It's noit like I can just break away at any given moment to do whatever I want....

Oh wait, yes I can (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Looking forward to it Jamie... just let us know... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) I will however been 914les as mine is ready to tear apart to rebuild. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Oct 23 2008, 09:14 AM
Post #10

914 Guru

I guess I need to figure it out huh? I know I will be up there by 11 for sure. I'm not sure if we are just going to meet 4 lunch? Or if you guys are up for a little work party/bs session. I will bring my LE up & if all else fails I will tow it. That way I can at least get some advice on my front fender & in general for the resto. Does someone want to volunteer there shop area & tools to screw around with (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) .

I do literally have the whole day for whatever. So I'd rather spend it up there working on 914's. Not just mine but whoever needs to do something. Heck everybody has to have something they want to do to there car. Many hands make light work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Feel free to throw out some ideas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Oct 23 2008, 09:47 AM
Post #11

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488

I plan on working in my shop on Saturday, either painting or sanding (not sure which yet). I have room for another car in there if you need a place to work. I've got a welder and air. There's also HEAT! There's a great lunch place just down the road, Performance Grill.

The shop is in Auburn, so I don't know how close that is to the folks your meeting up with. I do have a costume party to get to that evening, so I'd need to get out by 4:00 or so.

Its better to call me to make arrangements. I'm running around today and may not make it back to my computer. my number is 206 755-1705
billy

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Oct 23 2008, 10:28 AM
Post #12

Well if you are dropping something off to Jeff we could shoot for lunch or something in the Alderwood/ Mukilteo area. Or we could just have a work party of some sort somewhere. I would say my house is available for that but I don't think my wife wants that. Generally I would talk her into it but she just got laid off yesterday and I'm trying to keep her spirits up. Like I said, just let us know what you're thinking and I'll be there.
+Quote Post
TC 914-8
post Oct 23 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 9,090

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Oct 23 2008, 08:47 AM) *

I plan on working in my shop on Saturday, either painting or sanding (not sure which yet). I have room for another car in there if you need a place to work. I've got a welder and air. There's also HEAT! There's a great lunch place just down the road, Performance Grill.

The shop is in Auburn, so I don't know how close that is to the folks your meeting up with. I do have a costume party to get to that evening, so I'd need to get out by 4:00 or so.

Its better to call me to make arrangements. I'm running around today and may not make it back to my computer. my number is 206 755-1705
billy

Jamie, this looks like this is the place to go, Shop, Welder, Heat, It sounds like you can knock out the fender in no time.
I'd invite you to my neck of the woods but its 1-2 hrs out of the way. I would also come meet you guys but Saturday morning is golf day here in Sequim for us working stiffs.

Good luck on the creamsicle, we'll have to plan a NW get together in spring when everyones projects come out of winter hiding.

Tony
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Oct 23 2008, 06:18 PM
Post #14

Auburn is still a ways away from where he is wanting to go as well Tony. Jeff lives in between Edmonds and Mukilteo.
+Quote Post
TC 914-8
post Oct 23 2008, 06:36 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 9,090

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Oct 23 2008, 05:18 PM) *

Auburn is still a ways away from where he is wanting to go as well Tony. Jeff lives in between Edmonds and Mukilteo.

Yea, I wasn't sure where he had to go to get parts, Auburn is a short side trip off I-5 though.

Edmonds is good for me but I got a chance to get my $6 bucks back from last week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/golfer.gif)

Hey any picts from last weeks AX?
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Oct 23 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Oct 23 2008, 05:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Oct 23 2008, 05:18 PM) *

Yea, I wasn't sure where he had to go to get parts, Auburn is a short side trip off I-5 though.

Edmonds is good for me but I got a chance to get my $6 bucks back from last week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/golfer.gif)

Hey any picts from last weeks AX?

I didn't take any... I was codriving an RS America... That car is fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Oct 23 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #17

914 Guru

Your killing me with the golf comment! I love golf! Can't say I'm that great at it though.

I talked to Rich a little while ago & were a go at his place. So we will be meeting at Rich's place. Doing a misc work party/bs/ lunch. He says there are some good places close by for lunch. We could also just order some pizza's & stay at Rich's? I'm open to whatever.

So 914's, food & tools how does it get any better? Everyone is welcome but let us know if you are coming. I don't want to get in trouble with the little woman if 50 people showup (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

I will be coming up I5 with a stop in Olympia to drop off a tailshift for a member there. I've got Jeff's GT flares coming too. So for the space & the fact that the creamsicle isn't ready for a drive like that. I am going to bring the creamsicle up on the dolly. I do want to work on it though so (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Also anyone who wants to come that is on my way is more than welcome to come with me. I'll have plenty of room
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Oct 23 2008, 07:25 PM
Post #18

Cool... I am game for that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) He only lives a few minutes away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Oct 23 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #19

914 Guru

One other thing. I've got a guy who needs a 1.7 muffler for a 71. Anyone have a good one?
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Oct 23 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #20

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I talked to Rich a little while ago & were a go at his place. So we will be meeting at Rich's place. Doing a misc work party/bs/ lunch. He says there are some good places close by for lunch. We could also just order some pizza's & stay at Rich's? I'm open to whatever.

So 914's, food & tools how does it get any better? Everyone is welcome but let us know if you are coming. I don't want to get in trouble with the little woman if 50 people showup

BTDT , I can bring everthing to richs , no problem, let getr done.
sounds great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:00 PM