Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle 914 work party this saturday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JRust
Hey guys I'm heading up to Seatle area on Saturday. I've got some parts to drop off & some to pick up. I will be meeting Rich to buy a valance for my Creamsicle. I also need to meet up with Jeff to drop off some flares. Just wondered if anyone wanted to do some sort of 914 get together. I'm up for a lunch or a work party or whatever confused24.gif . I've got the day blocked off for 914 stuff. So throw out any ideas or if you are available. Thanks- Jamie
dinomium
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 22 2008, 11:24 AM) *

Hey guys I'm heading up to Seatle area on Saturday. I've got some parts to drop off & some to pick up. I will be meeting Rich to buy a valance for my Creamsicle. I also need to meet up with Jeff to drop off some flares. Just wondered if anyone wanted to do some sort of 914 get together. I'm up for a lunch or a work party or whatever confused24.gif . I've got the day blocked off for 914 stuff. So throw out any ideas or if you are available. Thanks- Jamie

Once again when there is a a chance for 914 fun, I will be in Portland for racing. 12 hour endro is Saturday. I will be the guy lugging gas for a M3...
PeeGreen 914
Why would we want to meet up with you av-943.gif

I'm game Jamie... It would be great to see you.
JRust
I may even drive the LE up. Doesn't look much like a creamsicle yet though. I'm going to throw some new plugs & wires on it tommorow night. MY sppedo doesn't work at all either. I'm hoping it is just disconnected at the tranny. Probably totally broke but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Anyone up there a body guy that wants to fix my fender. Needs some welding dry.gif
sixnotfour
Needs some welding

hammer/weld or weld a new piece on , wich ever is best, looks like its been welded and hammered hard already. no worries.
computers4kids
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 22 2008, 02:02 PM) *

I may even drive the LE up. Doesn't look much like a creamsicle yet though. I'm going to throw some new plugs & wires on it tommorow night. MY sppedo doesn't work at all either. I'm hoping it is just disconnected at the tranny. Probably totally broke but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Anyone up there a body guy that wants to fix my fender. Needs some welding dry.gif

Are you still whining about your fender...suck-it-up and do it yourself! happy11.gif
JRust
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 22 2008, 06:02 PM) *

Needs some welding

hammer/weld or weld a new piece on , wich ever is best, looks like its been welded and hammered hard already. no worries.

Maybe you can help me figure that out. I took out all the filler & hammered it out some. It's about as good as I can get it. If you can fix it for me I'd be happy to knock some off the flairs biggrin.gif
scotty
Top off weather for the drive for sure smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
You know... you better tell us what the deal is. It's noit like I can just break away at any given moment to do whatever I want....

Oh wait, yes I can biggrin.gif Looking forward to it Jamie... just let us know... driving.gif I will however been 914les as mine is ready to tear apart to rebuild. welder.gif
JRust
I guess I need to figure it out huh? I know I will be up there by 11 for sure. I'm not sure if we are just going to meet 4 lunch? Or if you guys are up for a little work party/bs session. I will bring my LE up & if all else fails I will tow it. That way I can at least get some advice on my front fender & in general for the resto. Does someone want to volunteer there shop area & tools to screw around with screwy.gif .

I do literally have the whole day for whatever. So I'd rather spend it up there working on 914's. Not just mine but whoever needs to do something. Heck everybody has to have something they want to do to there car. Many hands make light work smash.gif

Feel free to throw out some ideas wacko.gif
PanelBilly
I plan on working in my shop on Saturday, either painting or sanding (not sure which yet). I have room for another car in there if you need a place to work. I've got a welder and air. There's also HEAT! There's a great lunch place just down the road, Performance Grill.

The shop is in Auburn, so I don't know how close that is to the folks your meeting up with. I do have a costume party to get to that evening, so I'd need to get out by 4:00 or so.

Its better to call me to make arrangements. I'm running around today and may not make it back to my computer. my number is 206 755-1705
billy

PeeGreen 914
Well if you are dropping something off to Jeff we could shoot for lunch or something in the Alderwood/ Mukilteo area. Or we could just have a work party of some sort somewhere. I would say my house is available for that but I don't think my wife wants that. Generally I would talk her into it but she just got laid off yesterday and I'm trying to keep her spirits up. Like I said, just let us know what you're thinking and I'll be there.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Oct 23 2008, 08:47 AM) *

I plan on working in my shop on Saturday, either painting or sanding (not sure which yet). I have room for another car in there if you need a place to work. I've got a welder and air. There's also HEAT! There's a great lunch place just down the road, Performance Grill.

The shop is in Auburn, so I don't know how close that is to the folks your meeting up with. I do have a costume party to get to that evening, so I'd need to get out by 4:00 or so.

Its better to call me to make arrangements. I'm running around today and may not make it back to my computer. my number is 206 755-1705
billy

Jamie, this looks like this is the place to go, Shop, Welder, Heat, It sounds like you can knock out the fender in no time.
I'd invite you to my neck of the woods but its 1-2 hrs out of the way. I would also come meet you guys but Saturday morning is golf day here in Sequim for us working stiffs.

Good luck on the creamsicle, we'll have to plan a NW get together in spring when everyones projects come out of winter hiding.

Tony
PeeGreen 914
Auburn is still a ways away from where he is wanting to go as well Tony. Jeff lives in between Edmonds and Mukilteo.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Oct 23 2008, 05:18 PM) *

Auburn is still a ways away from where he is wanting to go as well Tony. Jeff lives in between Edmonds and Mukilteo.

Yea, I wasn't sure where he had to go to get parts, Auburn is a short side trip off I-5 though.

Edmonds is good for me but I got a chance to get my $6 bucks back from last week. golfer.gif

Hey any picts from last weeks AX?
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Oct 23 2008, 05:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Oct 23 2008, 05:18 PM) *

Yea, I wasn't sure where he had to go to get parts, Auburn is a short side trip off I-5 though.

Edmonds is good for me but I got a chance to get my $6 bucks back from last week. golfer.gif

Hey any picts from last weeks AX?

I didn't take any... I was codriving an RS America... That car is fun biggrin.gif
JRust
Your killing me with the golf comment! I love golf! Can't say I'm that great at it though.

I talked to Rich a little while ago & were a go at his place. So we will be meeting at Rich's place. Doing a misc work party/bs/ lunch. He says there are some good places close by for lunch. We could also just order some pizza's & stay at Rich's? I'm open to whatever.

So 914's, food & tools how does it get any better? Everyone is welcome but let us know if you are coming. I don't want to get in trouble with the little woman if 50 people showup av-943.gif

I will be coming up I5 with a stop in Olympia to drop off a tailshift for a member there. I've got Jeff's GT flares coming too. So for the space & the fact that the creamsicle isn't ready for a drive like that. I am going to bring the creamsicle up on the dolly. I do want to work on it though so smash.gif

Also anyone who wants to come that is on my way is more than welcome to come with me. I'll have plenty of room
PeeGreen 914
Cool... I am game for that biggrin.gif He only lives a few minutes away piratenanner.gif
JRust
One other thing. I've got a guy who needs a 1.7 muffler for a 71. Anyone have a good one?
sixnotfour
I talked to Rich a little while ago & were a go at his place. So we will be meeting at Rich's place. Doing a misc work party/bs/ lunch. He says there are some good places close by for lunch. We could also just order some pizza's & stay at Rich's? I'm open to whatever.

So 914's, food & tools how does it get any better? Everyone is welcome but let us know if you are coming. I don't want to get in trouble with the little woman if 50 people showup

BTDT , I can bring everthing to richs , no problem, let getr done.
sounds great. welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif stirthepot.gif beerchug.gif
JRust
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 23 2008, 08:12 PM) *

BTDT , I can bring everthing to richs , no problem, let getr done.
sounds great. welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif stirthepot.gif beerchug.gif

That would be great. If it would be easier at your place whatever works. I'll plan on Rich's but if you guy's decide something else it's fine with me. I'm just looking forward to the day. dance.gif
sixnotfour
Rich's is the place. Confirmed
computers4kids
Will someone please bring a camera and capture a moment for me? I would like to see Jamie working on his fender with a body tool for the club archives. biggrin.gif

Sounds like a fun day... beerchug.gif wish I could join you.
Root_Werks
I have class until noon then I'll be over. No 914 yet, maybe sport a mexi-bug again? driving.gif
Eddie914
Is this a 914 work party or a Porsche+AUDI work party?

Can I bring this project up and get some help?

IPB Image

An engine swap on a 914 is a "piece of cake" compared to this Audi.

Maybe see you there.

Eddie
JRust
Excellent! Turnout looks good. I guess we just have to decide if we are going out for lunch. Or just ordering some pizza's. Anyone have a preferance? I'm thinking some pizza's would be easiest. That way we wouldn't have to degrease ourselves to much to eat dry.gif

Plus I LOVE PIZZA happy11.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 23 2008, 05:22 PM) *

Also anyone who wants to come that is on my way is more than welcome to come with me. I'll have plenty of room

Sounds like fun, but I already promised my wife a "date".
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 24 2008, 10:33 AM) *

Excellent! Turnout looks good. I guess we just have to decide if we are going out for lunch. Or just ordering some pizza's. Anyone have a preferance? I'm thinking some pizza's would be easiest. That way we wouldn't have to degrease ourselves to much to eat dry.gif

Plus I LOVE PIZZA happy11.gif

I'll be sure to bring my camera. Pizza is fine by me chowtime.gif

Hey Todd, You can tell her you want to take her up Whidbey Island but you need to take a quick detour biggrin.gif
914werke
IPB Image

QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Oct 24 2008, 10:24 AM) *

Is this a 914 work party or a Porsche+AUDI work party?

Can I bring this project up and get some help?

An engine swap on a 914 is a "piece of cake" compared to this Audi.

Maybe see you there.

Eddie
party.gif

Ed what is that 80/90?
What happened to the 4000?
slow914
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 23 2008, 06:33 PM) *

One other thing. I've got a guy who needs a 1.7 muffler for a 71. Anyone have a good one?

not myself but

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/891854370.html

Unfortunalty I have plans tomorrow damn
JRust
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Oct 24 2008, 07:53 AM) *

Will someone please bring a camera and capture a moment for me? I would like to see Jamie working on his fender with a body tool for the club archives. biggrin.gif

Sounds like a fun day... beerchug.gif wish I could join you.

It's only like a 16 hour drive. Leave now & you will make it with time to spare biggrin.gif
I'll get a picture of me blowing up my fender mad.gif
PeeGreen 914
So I got warmed up by doing the left rear window motor and actuator on my 5-series. I also had to do the secondary air injection update. Ready for tomorrow piratenanner.gif What time are we going to meet?
JRust
Meeting 11ish give or take some time. Figured we'll BS for a bit & order some pizza or whatever anybody wants. I'll be leaving my place about 6am to make it in time dry.gif . I was thinking it was a little closer than the 4 1/2 hour drive. Talk about dedication agree.gif I must really like 914's huh confused24.gif

Nothing like a 8-9hour round trip drive for a work party biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
It is only 3 hours from Portland. I use to drive to pacific university in Forrest grove in 3 hours from my house. Rich is a hair closer even. Are you tomorrow.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Oct 24 2008, 08:29 PM) *

It is only 3 hours from Portland. I use to drive to pacific university in Forrest grove in 3 hours from my house. Rich is a hair closer even. Are you tomorrow.

But Corvallis is a good hour and a half from Portland...
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Oct 24 2008, 09:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Oct 24 2008, 08:29 PM) *

But Corvallis is a good hour and a half from Portland...

Oh blink.gif
JRust
It is probably closer to 4 hours each way. I'm hoping for less but I am bringing the creamsicle up on the dolly so I've got to see how it rides. I may not be the fastest person on the road depending on that. My dolly usually does fine at 70. I almost braved driving the creamsicle up. Just couldn't bring myself to do 8 hours in it considering the farthest I've taken it is about 30 miles. Really not sure if the heat works & just the am/fm radio ain't going to cut it on that long a drive. I got's to have my xm radio & haven't got my setup for the teener yet.

Anyway I will be on my way bright & early.

Oh & Todd you can get out of datenight easy. Just call your buddy who is friends with your wife. Slip him a $50 that he can give to his wife. Have him tell his wife "hey honey, You've been realy working hard. Why don't you go out for a girls night? Here is $50 bucks why don't you give Todds wife a call. I bet she is sick of hm & could use a night out too biggrin.gif "

Believe me you both come off smelling like a rose happy11.gif Plus you get to do whatever you want aktion035.gif
boxstr
Jamie, Give me a call tommorow, I will bew at CAMP in the afternoon.
I have a drivers side fender, and some other stuff.
CCLINSUUNYD
JRust
I'll be rolling thru portland around 7 & who knows when I come back. Jeff Hines is helping me with my fender. He has a spare if it needs it. We are going to try to fix the existing one first. I'd be happy to haul parts up if you have something going that way. You'd have to meet me early though. I could use some seals but can get them later. I need a front trunk seal & of course a targa/windshield seal. I had a new one for like a year & finally sold it headbang.gif . Typical mad.gif

Okay I am getting old. I am going to bed. I'll check before I leave in the morning. See you all soon
JRust
Okay I am heading out. If anyone needs to get ahold of me my cell is 541- 5 ten- double zero 86 . See you all soon- Jamie
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(dinomium @ Oct 22 2008, 10:40 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 22 2008, 11:24 AM) *

Once again when there is a a chance for 914 fun, I will be in Portland for racing. 12 hour endro is Saturday. I will be the guy lugging gas for a M3...

The yellow E36 M3? That car was fast. I didn't see you, or if I did, I didn't recognize you biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
We were lucky enough to enjoy Slits presence, Good to see ya Ron. smile.gif
KELTY360
Great time watching Jeff trim, fit, trim, fit, go back home to get his welding helmet headbang.gif , then trim, fit, here a tack there a tack, everywhere a tack, tack. Next thing you know, Jamie has a front fender ready for smoothing and primeing. Truly a work of art; almost like he'd done it before.

Meanwhile, Rich was stripping his new '76 parts car of engine, tranny and anything else that looked useful for someone's project.

The rest of us kind of hung around eating pizza and offering helpful suggetions dry.gif ; interspersed with an occasional helping hand of course. Hopefully someone will post pictures soon as we all know that.....

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
SLITS
Jeff was truly an artist when it came to fitting that fender piece.

Thanks for the pizza Jamie.

It was good hooking up with some 914 addicts.

Ya'll noticed that I didn't use the "A" word once .... I remembered the "breakfast" comments.
JRust
Well I finally made it home. I had a wiring issue on my dolly (they quit working). To dark to screw with so I tried to find a walmart. Got one plugged into the GPS. Of course it was a half hour out of my way. I figure I better get lights before I get a ticket. As soon as I pull off I5 I get pulled over. Luckily the guy was cool about it. I told him they just started flickering (about an hour ago blink.gif ) & that I had walmart plugged into my GPS. So he let's me go without to much fanfare. I get to walmart & find some magnetic tailights.

Oh yeah & traffic in Seattle FLippin Sucked headbang.gif Got home about an hour ago.

Okay now to the work party biggrin.gif . What a great time. Great to see everyone. Jeff did an excellent job on my fender. Despite the fact I forgot to load up his dam flares in my car (yes I'm a dipshit sometimes screwy.gif ). He even provided the new piece aktion035.gif . I'm hoping John will post some pics soon as I forgot my camera too. Rich was an excellent host & gave me a great deal on a valance. Not to mention a perfect pair of tits (uh bumper tits that is) av-943.gif . His creamsicle is beautiful & will be concours when done. Really gives me something to shoot for. Dan was a big help to Jeff on the fender too. I didn't do jack on the fender but cut out some of the shit that was there. So we had Jeff, Rich, Dan (with Michelle), John, Eddie, Ron, Myself, Curt, Mark & I'm sure I forgot someone so sorry confused24.gif

Again huge thanks for a great day! You WA guys are okay in my book beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
I'll get to it in the morning so everyone can see biggrin.gif
computers4kids
popcorn[1].gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Oct 26 2008, 01:19 AM) *

Hey its morning, so wake your ass up and post the pics. biggrin.gif

Rich has another 76?

sixnotfour
Rich has another 76?

yes and if you want to see it you better hurry its goin fast sawzall-smiley.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 26 2008, 09:25 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Oct 26 2008, 01:19 AM) *

Hey its morning, so wake your ass up and post the pics. biggrin.gif

Rich has another 76?

chair.gif Calm down already.... laugh.gif

Fine.... Just finished resizing them all.... here goes:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.