Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> rubber, back glass
oldschool
post Oct 31 2008, 11:52 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,705
Region Association: Southern California

what do the back glass rubber look like,mine is missing or something it make a lot of noise when am driving. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lavanaut
post Oct 31 2008, 11:58 AM
Post #2

Hungry Mind : Thirsty Gullet

Member No.: 6,265
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Your rear window likely needs to be resealed. Try 'knocking' on it, if it rattles at all, you'll need to redo it. The rubber seal runs along the outside bottom of the window, only, and doesn't serve to hold it in place. The window is affixed with butyl tape, you can pick up a roll cheap at your FLAPS. There's an excellent step-by-step installation guide in the 'classic threads' section of the site written by Eric Shea. I've done this myself twice, not exactly fun, but it's nice when you're done ~ no more rattle!

Good luck. Oh, and this should be posted in the garage forum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Oct 31 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Oct 31 2008, 10:58 AM) *

Your rear window likely needs to be resealed. Try 'knocking' on it, if it rattles at all, you'll need to redo it. The rubber seal runs along the outside bottom of the window, only, and doesn't serve to hold it in place. The window is affixed with butyl tape, you can pick up a roll cheap at your FLAPS. There's an excellent step-by-step installation guide in the 'classic threads' section of the site written by Eric Shea. I've done this myself twice, not exactly fun, but it's nice when you're done ~ no more rattle!

Good luck. Oh, and this should be posted in the garage forum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

thanks bro.
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Oct 31 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Oct 31 2008, 10:58 AM) *

sorry about the the post I forgot what area i was in. I can't seem to find the post?help..help... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Lavanaut
post Oct 31 2008, 04:24 PM
Post #5

Hungry Mind : Thirsty Gullet

Member No.: 6,265

My bad ~ click the '914 Info' link up the upper right corner, then go to 'technical articles', you'll find it there.
+Quote Post
TC 914-8
post Nov 1 2008, 07:08 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 9,090

QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Oct 31 2008, 03:24 PM) *

My bad ~ click the '914 Info' link up the upper right corner, then go to 'technical articles', you'll find it there.

I know we are in the wrong forum, I had the same problem, 100% silicone (black) from Home Depot fixed mine.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:57 AM