Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
oldschool
what do the back glass rubber look like,mine is missing or something it make a lot of noise when am driving. icon_bump.gif
Lavanaut
Your rear window likely needs to be resealed. Try 'knocking' on it, if it rattles at all, you'll need to redo it. The rubber seal runs along the outside bottom of the window, only, and doesn't serve to hold it in place. The window is affixed with butyl tape, you can pick up a roll cheap at your FLAPS. There's an excellent step-by-step installation guide in the 'classic threads' section of the site written by Eric Shea. I've done this myself twice, not exactly fun, but it's nice when you're done ~ no more rattle!

Good luck. Oh, and this should be posted in the garage forum. smile.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Oct 31 2008, 10:58 AM) *

Your rear window likely needs to be resealed. Try 'knocking' on it, if it rattles at all, you'll need to redo it. The rubber seal runs along the outside bottom of the window, only, and doesn't serve to hold it in place. The window is affixed with butyl tape, you can pick up a roll cheap at your FLAPS. There's an excellent step-by-step installation guide in the 'classic threads' section of the site written by Eric Shea. I've done this myself twice, not exactly fun, but it's nice when you're done ~ no more rattle!

thanks bro.
oldschool
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Oct 31 2008, 10:58 AM) *

sorry about the the post I forgot what area i was in. I can't seem to find the post?help..help... blink.gif
Lavanaut
My bad ~ click the '914 Info' link up the upper right corner, then go to 'technical articles', you'll find it there.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Oct 31 2008, 03:24 PM) *

My bad ~ click the '914 Info' link up the upper right corner, then go to 'technical articles', you'll find it there.

I know we are in the wrong forum, I had the same problem, 100% silicone (black) from Home Depot fixed mine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.