Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> F/S 1973 2.0
1FASTVW
post Nov 4 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,240
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I have had this car for about 18 years. I drove it for 3 years then put it in storage for the last 15 or so. I started tearing into it about 4 months ago to do a resto/mod, but just don't have the time. What I have done so far could have been done in a couple of weeks. The motor and trans are out, and the motor partly disassembled so I could get a look at the cylinders. They still have the cross hatching in them and no ring groove. Should just need a new ring kit and bearings. It has dual 40mm DellOrtos some unknowing soul put on before I got it. From the records I have tracked, I am the 3rd owner. Newer stainless heat exchangers and all five 2.0 Fuchs wheels are all there. Everything that was taken off the car was tagged and bagged for identification purposes, so finding everything will not be a problem. I have pulled the interior, minus the dash, and there is very minor surface rust. I have stripped much of it to check for any repair panels I might need, but it does not need any. There is a small strip of rust through in the firewall behind the passenger seat that can be repaired without a special panel. The hell hole is non existent on this vehicle. The battery tray is gone, but there is no rust through in the hell hole area. The engine tray on the passenger tray will need to be replaced, but that is it in the engine compartment. The longs are solid. The only area of concern is where the sail panel meets the fender area. These need work, and I have already started on the passenger side. The car is very solid overall, and would make a great project for someone with more time. I have a ton of pictures, as I have been taking them as I go, I can send them to those that are interested. The car will need to be trailered obviously, and all of the smaller parts are in bins, so loading will be easy. I am asking $3500 obo, and if there are any questions, please let me know. Thanks for looking.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
6freak
post Nov 4 2008, 11:39 AM
Post #2

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829

Post the pics you have here that will help .....I think.... good luck
+Quote Post
jc914
post Nov 4 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,548
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif) YUP got to post pictures GOOD LUCK on selling
+Quote Post
porsha916
post Nov 5 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,137
Region Association: None

what color is the car, interior, and is it orginal? Also what town are you located in?
+Quote Post
1FASTVW
post Nov 10 2008, 12:25 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 9,240

I am located in Wenatchee, and have stacks of pictures available for those that would like them, but here are a few. The car is L51 Olympic Blue with black interior. Someone before me converted it to dual 40mm DellOrtos, but other than that and the clock being replaced with a oil pressure gauge, it is original. Here is the link to all of the pictures over at photobucket Car Pictures

(IMG:http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l389/1FASTVW/Car3-1.jpg)

(IMG:http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l389/1FASTVW/Car7.jpg)

(IMG:http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l389/1FASTVW/Pic024.jpg)
Hell hole has only some surface rust. It does not go through.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 12:44 PM