Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I fought the arms and the arms won
LarryR
post Nov 9 2008, 06:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,604

I was trying to get the trailing arms off today in order to do my 5 lug / brake upgrade. I figured I would use the arms off of the 'outside car' since I already had the rear shocks /springs off of it. So I procrastinated until about 1 thinking it would only be about a 1 hour job HA!! All of the bolts holding the arms on were no big deal. However, the axle nut was a B(&^%$#.

I tried everything. Impact gun for about 15 minutes, then ratchet, then cheater bar on ratchet, then brake handle on ratchet and snap I broke my craftsman 1/2 drive. (yes I know I should have started with a breaker bar just to lazy to walk bak in the garage and get it). All the while spraying it with liquid wrench between attempts.

So I go dig out the breaker bar and another 10 minutes of grunting with 5' of leverage and the little bastard finally let go and of course I smash my thumb when it does.

I have never seen an axle nut on so freakin tight. Since I know it will be dark in another 1/2 hour the other arm will have to wait till next weekend(now I know to start early). At least I can get started on 1 of them this week. Now its (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) time
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 12:57 AM