Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it safe for children?
Toast
post Feb 12 2004, 04:22 PM
Post #41

Not bad for carrying sway bars.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,580
Region Association: Southwest Region

IMO, as long as your kids enjoy the ride I say take them for a ride. You can be as careful, drive as safe as you can, as slow as you can, and just overall be the safest person in the world. But anything can happen to anyone at anytime.....in Any vehicle. You cannot control the actions/reactions of other people. And sometimes you cannot contol your car.

Yes the newer vehicles have more safty features and are probably more likely to withstand a hit better. But I have also seen older vehilces get into fender benders with the newer one, and came out much better overall.

My 2 cents, ALWAY WEAR A SEAT BELT, follow the guidelines for the childseats, and drive safely and courtously. Thats the best you can do.

And by all means.......Enjoy!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rgreen914
post Feb 12 2004, 05:00 PM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,266

Wow, it seems everybody around here loves to rag on SUV drivers! Sometimes, imbeciles drive all sizes of vehicles! I drive my Suburban a lot and I find it hard to believe that so many compact car drivers have managed to live as long as they have, driving the way they do! Obviously, they have as much respect for the laws of physics as they do for the traffic laws! These idiots often cut me off as if their 1 1/2 ton POS is immune to the damage my 3+ ton truck could cause if I was a tad late applying the brakes or didn't move out of their way. I often feel that they are simply looking to sue an insurance company...or at least their survivors' will try! It's not so much the size of the vehicle, it's also the I.Q and ability of the driver that's important.

Oh...about the only time I use a cell phone, is to report these suicidal drivers!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 04:41 AM