Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS 1976 914 Red 2.0 in So Cal, 914 fuel injected 2.0 in So Cal
elswick
post Nov 15 2008, 06:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,328
Region Association: None

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

This car is an original California Car with no rust body is very straight and runs good. CD player and new speakers in car. Top in good shape. upper dash has a few cracks but has a cover. Heater blower is not connected. Engine does not smoke or leak and was rebuilt less than 10,000 miles ago.

Car runs good, looks good just do not need it and have 2 young kids.

Car in Woodland Hills and garaged.

$5500 818 577-5911 Mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
elswick
post Nov 19 2008, 08:10 PM
Post #2

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) someone tell me why no replies? I can take it
+Quote Post
Mikey83835
post Nov 19 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #3

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 9,740
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(elswick @ Nov 19 2008, 06:10 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) someone tell me why no replies? I can take it

Not so much that the economy is in the dumpster, but the fact that even the optimistic experts are predicting it will be much worse next summer, everyone is hanging on to their $$. (The pessimistic experts are saying the economy will be horrible for years) Perhaps even those in a buying position are waiting for the Porsche prices to drop even more, home, stock, etc, prices are dropping, jobs are going away by the truckload, Porsche prices will drop also.

I like your car if it's any consolation, but have wanted a 914-V8 for decades. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
NineOneFour
post Nov 19 2008, 11:24 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,662
Region Association: Southern California

Also might have to do with having to smog the car still just a guess. Who knows.
+Quote Post
tod914
post Nov 20 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

Maybe post more shots, engine bay, battery tray, etc. Try ebay too. I bet you
will get your price there. Good luck and nice looking car btw.
+Quote Post
RJMII
post Nov 20 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #6

Jim McIntosh

Member No.: 8,112

QUOTE(elswick @ Nov 19 2008, 07:10 PM) *

The dow dropped 400 some points today, 500 some the other day, and it's at a 5 year low.

That car looks clean and worthy of asking for the usual shots for pictures. If the economy were better, it'd probably be gone already.
+Quote Post
elswick
post Nov 20 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Mikey83835 @ Nov 19 2008, 10:09 PM) *

QUOTE(elswick @ Nov 19 2008, 06:10 PM) *

Not so much that the economy is in the dumpster, but the fact that even the optimistic experts are predicting it will be much worse next summer, everyone is hanging on to their $$. (The pessimistic experts are saying the economy will be horrible for years) Perhaps even those in a buying position are waiting for the Porsche prices to drop even more, home, stock, etc, prices are dropping, jobs are going away by the truckload, Porsche prices will drop also.

I like your car if it's any consolation, but have wanted a 914-V8 for decades. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

good points Mike thanks
+Quote Post
elswick
post Nov 20 2008, 10:13 PM
Post #8

more pics

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Brisco914prc
post Nov 21 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 9,586
Region Association: Northern California

:confused: someone tell me why no replies? I can take it

Elswick, the collectible car market is going downhill right along with the economy. Old cars, even GREAT old cars like Porsches, are essentially "toys". They are not bought as primary transportation. In a recession people don't spend money on toys. And this is going to be the worst recession in the past 70 years.

Check the most recent closing bids on ebay for 914s and any other old car. They are closing at half of what they were 4 months ago. And it's going to get a lot worse.

A very nice looking '74 2.0 in Zambezi Green and tan just ended on ebay at $4k. Of course it didn't make reserve. The seller listed it on craigslist a few weeks ago for $14.5k. It might have sold somewhat close to that 6 months ago.

I could quote many more examples. Now is not a good time to sell a car. Wait a few years and maybe prices will come back. If you have to sell now, bite the bullet and take what you can get.

There is no law that says that collector car prices always go up. Sometimes they go down. Way down.

Barry Brisco
+Quote Post
jasons
post Nov 21 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #10

Jackstand Extraordinaire

Member No.: 2,573

I think the car is priced right. Even in todays market. The 76 is hurting you in your home state. But, $5500 + $1k shipping to the east coast is still cheaper than buying a rust bucket and trying to save it. I would keep plugging the car and maybe try Pelicanparts for sale forum.

Good luck.
+Quote Post
elswick
post Nov 23 2008, 11:21 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(Brisco914prc @ Nov 21 2008, 10:33 AM) *

Elswick, the collectible car market is going downhill right along with the economy. Old cars, even GREAT old cars like Porsches, are essentially "toys". They are not bought as primary transportation. In a recession people don't spend money on toys. And this is going to be the worst recession in the past 70 years.

Check the most recent closing bids on ebay for 914s and any other old car. They are closing at half of what they were 4 months ago. And it's going to get a lot worse.

A very nice looking '74 2.0 in Zambezi Green and tan just ended on ebay at $4k. Of course it didn't make reserve. The seller listed it on craigslist a few weeks ago for $14.5k. It might have sold somewhat close to that 6 months ago.

I could quote many more examples. Now is not a good time to sell a car. Wait a few years and maybe prices will come back. If you have to sell now, bite the bullet and take what you can get.

There is no law that says that collector car prices always go up. Sometimes they go down. Way down.

Barry Brisco

Thanks Barry for the well thought out comments (IMG:style_emoticons/default/santa_smiley.gif)
+Quote Post
elswick
post Nov 23 2008, 11:22 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(jasons @ Nov 21 2008, 12:08 PM) *

I think the car is priced right. Even in todays market. The 76 is hurting you in your home state. But, $5500 + $1k shipping to the east coast is still cheaper than buying a rust bucket and trying to save it. I would keep plugging the car and maybe try Pelicanparts for sale forum.

thanks Jason (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Good luck.

+Quote Post
elswick
post Nov 25 2008, 11:47 PM
Post #13

Attached Image

MORE PICS
+Quote Post
jesiv
post Nov 26 2008, 09:58 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 7,975
Region Association: Northern California

I agree re CA. No way I would buy a 76 with SMOG. With what they looking to do with CO2 we will be lucky they will let us drive our cars. There was talk last year that in the central valley ALL cars should be smoged!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) in the bay area I have to check on when I can build a fire in my own fire place!
+Quote Post
elswick
post Nov 27 2008, 09:25 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(jesiv @ Nov 26 2008, 08:58 PM) *

I agree re CA. No way I would buy a 76 with SMOG. With what they looking to do with CO2 we will be lucky they will let us drive our cars. There was talk last year that in the central valley ALL cars should be smoged!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) in the bay area I have to check on when I can build a fire in my own fire place!

The car recently got a smog check and is registered and passed with no problem but does have a smog pump on it. Because the smog requirements were very minimal during this year the test is easy to pass. only needs smog every other year also. I agree that it sucks that all 914's other than the 76 are smog exempt. Lucky me!

The fuel injected 2.0 is nice and has good power though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
tag
post Dec 5 2008, 09:51 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 9,815

QUOTE(elswick @ Nov 27 2008, 07:25 AM) *

QUOTE(jesiv @ Nov 26 2008, 08:58 PM) *

The car recently got a smog check and is registered and passed with no problem but does have a smog pump on it. Because the smog requirements were very minimal during this year the test is easy to pass. only needs smog every other year also. I agree that it sucks that all 914's other than the 76 are smog exempt. Lucky me!

The fuel injected 2.0 is nice and has good power though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Can the smog pump be removed to gain hp?
+Quote Post
914werke
post Dec 6 2008, 12:15 AM
Post #17

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The 76 is valuable in stock trim just because it it the final model yr and had the smallest production run (in fact all 76 were supposed to be left over 75's).
Their hit is that they were also the most choked down in terms of output.
To PU hp, more would have to be done than simply de-smoging them, though that would help.
That is a nice example (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Hang in there. I have one as well and figure their value will perk back up next yr.
+Quote Post
tag
post Dec 6 2008, 06:28 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 9,815

elswick
I PM'ed you, I'm very interested in your car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post
elswick
post Dec 8 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #19

Car is sold
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 10:01 AM