Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1976 914 Red 2.0 in So Cal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
elswick
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This car is an original California Car with no rust body is very straight and runs good. CD player and new speakers in car. Top in good shape. upper dash has a few cracks but has a cover. Heater blower is not connected. Engine does not smoke or leak and was rebuilt less than 10,000 miles ago.

Car runs good, looks good just do not need it and have 2 young kids.

Car in Woodland Hills and garaged.

$5500 818 577-5911 Mark
elswick
confused24.gif someone tell me why no replies? I can take it
Mikey83835
QUOTE(elswick @ Nov 19 2008, 06:10 PM) *

Not so much that the economy is in the dumpster, but the fact that even the optimistic experts are predicting it will be much worse next summer, everyone is hanging on to their $$. (The pessimistic experts are saying the economy will be horrible for years) Perhaps even those in a buying position are waiting for the Porsche prices to drop even more, home, stock, etc, prices are dropping, jobs are going away by the truckload, Porsche prices will drop also.

I like your car if it's any consolation, but have wanted a 914-V8 for decades. driving.gif
NineOneFour
Also might have to do with having to smog the car still just a guess. Who knows.
tod914
Maybe post more shots, engine bay, battery tray, etc. Try ebay too. I bet you
will get your price there. Good luck and nice looking car btw.
RJMII
QUOTE(elswick @ Nov 19 2008, 07:10 PM) *

The dow dropped 400 some points today, 500 some the other day, and it's at a 5 year low.

That car looks clean and worthy of asking for the usual shots for pictures. If the economy were better, it'd probably be gone already.
elswick
QUOTE(Mikey83835 @ Nov 19 2008, 10:09 PM) *

QUOTE(elswick @ Nov 19 2008, 06:10 PM) *

Not so much that the economy is in the dumpster, but the fact that even the optimistic experts are predicting it will be much worse next summer, everyone is hanging on to their $$. (The pessimistic experts are saying the economy will be horrible for years) Perhaps even those in a buying position are waiting for the Porsche prices to drop even more, home, stock, etc, prices are dropping, jobs are going away by the truckload, Porsche prices will drop also.

I like your car if it's any consolation, but have wanted a 914-V8 for decades. driving.gif

good points Mike thanks
Brisco914prc

:confused: someone tell me why no replies? I can take it

Elswick, the collectible car market is going downhill right along with the economy. Old cars, even GREAT old cars like Porsches, are essentially "toys". They are not bought as primary transportation. In a recession people don't spend money on toys. And this is going to be the worst recession in the past 70 years.

Check the most recent closing bids on ebay for 914s and any other old car. They are closing at half of what they were 4 months ago. And it's going to get a lot worse.

A very nice looking '74 2.0 in Zambezi Green and tan just ended on ebay at $4k. Of course it didn't make reserve. The seller listed it on craigslist a few weeks ago for $14.5k. It might have sold somewhat close to that 6 months ago.

I could quote many more examples. Now is not a good time to sell a car. Wait a few years and maybe prices will come back. If you have to sell now, bite the bullet and take what you can get.

There is no law that says that collector car prices always go up. Sometimes they go down. Way down.

Barry Brisco
jasons
I think the car is priced right. Even in todays market. The 76 is hurting you in your home state. But, $5500 + $1k shipping to the east coast is still cheaper than buying a rust bucket and trying to save it. I would keep plugging the car and maybe try Pelicanparts for sale forum.

Good luck.
elswick
QUOTE(Brisco914prc @ Nov 21 2008, 10:33 AM) *

Elswick, the collectible car market is going downhill right along with the economy. Old cars, even GREAT old cars like Porsches, are essentially "toys". They are not bought as primary transportation. In a recession people don't spend money on toys. And this is going to be the worst recession in the past 70 years.

Check the most recent closing bids on ebay for 914s and any other old car. They are closing at half of what they were 4 months ago. And it's going to get a lot worse.

A very nice looking '74 2.0 in Zambezi Green and tan just ended on ebay at $4k. Of course it didn't make reserve. The seller listed it on craigslist a few weeks ago for $14.5k. It might have sold somewhat close to that 6 months ago.

I could quote many more examples. Now is not a good time to sell a car. Wait a few years and maybe prices will come back. If you have to sell now, bite the bullet and take what you can get.

There is no law that says that collector car prices always go up. Sometimes they go down. Way down.

Barry Brisco

Thanks Barry for the well thought out comments santa_smiley.gif
elswick
QUOTE(jasons @ Nov 21 2008, 12:08 PM) *

I think the car is priced right. Even in todays market. The 76 is hurting you in your home state. But, $5500 + $1k shipping to the east coast is still cheaper than buying a rust bucket and trying to save it. I would keep plugging the car and maybe try Pelicanparts for sale forum.

thanks Jason driving.gif
Good luck.

elswick
Click to view attachment

MORE PICS
jesiv
I agree re CA. No way I would buy a 76 with SMOG. With what they looking to do with CO2 we will be lucky they will let us drive our cars. There was talk last year that in the central valley ALL cars should be smoged!

WTF.gif in the bay area I have to check on when I can build a fire in my own fire place!
elswick
QUOTE(jesiv @ Nov 26 2008, 08:58 PM) *

I agree re CA. No way I would buy a 76 with SMOG. With what they looking to do with CO2 we will be lucky they will let us drive our cars. There was talk last year that in the central valley ALL cars should be smoged!

WTF.gif in the bay area I have to check on when I can build a fire in my own fire place!

The car recently got a smog check and is registered and passed with no problem but does have a smog pump on it. Because the smog requirements were very minimal during this year the test is easy to pass. only needs smog every other year also. I agree that it sucks that all 914's other than the 76 are smog exempt. Lucky me!

The fuel injected 2.0 is nice and has good power though. driving.gif
tag
QUOTE(elswick @ Nov 27 2008, 07:25 AM) *

QUOTE(jesiv @ Nov 26 2008, 08:58 PM) *

The car recently got a smog check and is registered and passed with no problem but does have a smog pump on it. Because the smog requirements were very minimal during this year the test is easy to pass. only needs smog every other year also. I agree that it sucks that all 914's other than the 76 are smog exempt. Lucky me!

The fuel injected 2.0 is nice and has good power though. driving.gif

Can the smog pump be removed to gain hp?
914werke
The 76 is valuable in stock trim just because it it the final model yr and had the smallest production run (in fact all 76 were supposed to be left over 75's).
Their hit is that they were also the most choked down in terms of output.
To PU hp, more would have to be done than simply de-smoging them, though that would help.
That is a nice example smile.gif
Hang in there. I have one as well and figure their value will perk back up next yr.
tag
elswick
I PM'ed you, I'm very interested in your car. drooley.gif
elswick
Car is sold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.