Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Opinions please, Value of 911 suspension components
MrKona
post Nov 16 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,469
Region Association: None

Fellow 914 devotees,

I've been amassing parts for an eventual five-lug conversion. My original plan was to one day flare the car and put bigger brakes on the rear. I picked up Bilstein front strut assemblies, hubs, and brakes with 3.5" spacing.

Plans have changed. I'm sticking with the narrow body. After reading enough opinions on this page, I've decided to go with a 3" set up up front to better balance out stock rear brakes.

I found a local 911 guy who has a '72 911T he is upgrading to Carerra specs. He is in need of 3.5" strut housings and hubs. He has already acquired brakes, and does not need the strut inserts.

So here is the proposed trade: I give him my 3.5" strut housings and hubs (I keep the inserts, use them in the 3" housings). He gives me his 3" housings, hubs, brakes.

I can then sell the 3.5" brakes I keep.

Is this a fair trade? Should any additional money go either way?

Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
MrKona   Opinions please   Nov 16 2008, 02:23 PM
LarryR   Fellow 914 devotees, I've been amassing part...   Nov 16 2008, 02:43 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:17 AM