Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Megasquirt Project
atmadsen914
post Nov 17 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Am I sure I like old cars?

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,087
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I just finished up my megasquirt project.

I swapped my 1.7L D-Jet. The D-Jet is a pretty good system but I built a 2.0L and I had a hard time getting the parts for the 2.0L D-Jet system. The parts are out there just expensive. So I guess I based my decision to switch on cost.

I bought the kit from DIYautotune they did great. They shipped incredibly fast. I did all the assembly in a day. It took me a while to wire up the system. I used the stock temperature sensors. 2.0L injectors (I would probably not do that again the 1.7 injectors probably seem a better choice), LC1 wideband O2, and a TPS from a 98 Hyundai Accent. I used the in series resistors and did not use PWM.

The rest of the system is pretty much stock (ignition, etc).
It took me a bit to get it all wired up but it really was not that hard. I would say the engine rebuild was harder than the MS setup.

I am sure I will be tuning for weeks as the tweaks that can be done seem endless. But pretty much after 30 min of tuning I had a VE table that worked pretty well.

Bottom line I love the system!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Nov 17 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

It seems that the Megasquirt system is a very viable and affordable system for many cars. I've been considering one for my 914-6 conversion instead of the old Weber carbs. At least you won't smell like a gas station when you park the car in your garage!
+Quote Post
toon1
post Nov 18 2008, 12:30 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,022

Good job!!

I enjoyed the process of putting the system together and getting the car running.I am running MS&SE with a ford coil, inj's. and trigger wheel. It's nice to have the adjustability of a PEFI.

Tuning is addicting, good luck.
+Quote Post
RJMII
post Nov 18 2008, 01:33 AM
Post #4

Jim McIntosh

Member No.: 8,112
Region Association: None

Pictures would be good. =o)

so would a story on the initial fire up process. (I'm working on my MS-II install still. going with Ford EDIS to control spark)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 12:54 PM