Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Megasquirt Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
atmadsen914
I just finished up my megasquirt project.

I swapped my 1.7L D-Jet. The D-Jet is a pretty good system but I built a 2.0L and I had a hard time getting the parts for the 2.0L D-Jet system. The parts are out there just expensive. So I guess I based my decision to switch on cost.

I bought the kit from DIYautotune they did great. They shipped incredibly fast. I did all the assembly in a day. It took me a while to wire up the system. I used the stock temperature sensors. 2.0L injectors (I would probably not do that again the 1.7 injectors probably seem a better choice), LC1 wideband O2, and a TPS from a 98 Hyundai Accent. I used the in series resistors and did not use PWM.

The rest of the system is pretty much stock (ignition, etc).
It took me a bit to get it all wired up but it really was not that hard. I would say the engine rebuild was harder than the MS setup.

I am sure I will be tuning for weeks as the tweaks that can be done seem endless. But pretty much after 30 min of tuning I had a VE table that worked pretty well.

Bottom line I love the system!
GeorgeRud
It seems that the Megasquirt system is a very viable and affordable system for many cars. I've been considering one for my 914-6 conversion instead of the old Weber carbs. At least you won't smell like a gas station when you park the car in your garage!
toon1
Good job!!

I enjoyed the process of putting the system together and getting the car running.I am running MS&SE with a ford coil, inj's. and trigger wheel. It's nice to have the adjustability of a PEFI.

Tuning is addicting, good luck.
RJMII
Pictures would be good. =o)

so would a story on the initial fire up process. (I'm working on my MS-II install still. going with Ford EDIS to control spark)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.