Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: A public thank you to Jon Bovey, He helped a brother out!
ConeDodger
post Nov 19 2008, 10:17 AM
Post #1

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

This is a bit OT but car related. Through another car site I found out about a crack free '73 240Z dashboard. These are far more rare than crack free 914 dashboards so I was a bit skeptical... But the ad, in Seattle's Craigslist said the guy lived in Everett and I remembered that one of those crazy WCR08 guys, Jon Bovey lives in Everett... I emailed Jon and gave the seller Jon's phone number. Jon went over to the guys house and laid eyes and hands on the alleged perfect dashboard. Jon called me and said "well, it's perfect"... Done deal. Now Jon is going to take the dash to UPS store for shipping and some heavy insurance...

Thanks JON! YOU DA MAN!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

PS: I would have asked Curt but I know he is busy removing his flares (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Nov 19 2008, 10:29 AM
Post #2

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Good job Jon! Way to look out for the teener crowd. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Jeff Hurd
post Nov 19 2008, 12:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,580
Region Association: None

Does the heart good to hear about club members helping each other!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Nov 19 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #4

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) Always happy to help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

At the guys house he had a few cool cars too. He had an RX2 with cage, Lotus Europa, and a Toyota Celica Supra Alltrack Turbo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 19 2008, 01:36 PM
Post #5

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 19 2008, 10:37 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) Always happy to help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

At the guys house he had a few cool cars too. He had an RX2 with cage, Lotus Europa, and a Toyota Celica Supra Alltrack Turbo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

He must be heavily into e-commerce too. When I paypal'd the money it said he was a verified member with over 1000 transactions...

He must not be a Datsun guy though... The last true perfect dash I heard of sold for $1600 + shipping. This one is going in my '73 240Z that has a new interior, new paint and a dash that well... brings to mind a canyon that runs through the four corners area of the country. Heavily topographic if you know what I mean... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
championgt1
post Nov 19 2008, 01:43 PM
Post #6

Don't embarrass me Filmore!

Member No.: 7,420

Nice work guys! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Nov 19 2008, 01:59 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 19 2008, 11:36 AM) *

He must be heavily into e-commerce too. When I paypal'd the money it said he was a verified member with over 1000 transactions...

He must not be a Datsun guy though... The last true perfect dash I heard of sold for $1600 + shipping. This one is going in my '73 240Z that has a new interior, new paint and a dash that well... brings to mind a canyon that runs through the four corners area of the country. Heavily topographic if you know what I mean... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

He was telling me how he finds rare cars and parts them out. I don't think he cares to get top dollar as long as he makes money. Just the impression I got from him.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 19 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #8

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 19 2008, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 19 2008, 11:36 AM) *

He was telling me how he finds rare cars and parts them out. I don't think he cares to get top dollar as long as he makes money. Just the impression I got from him.

I suspected that... He told me he wanted to handle the sale locally because the last dash he sold that was perfect ended up cracked on arrival. I was actually thinking in my head that he left so much room between the going price and the actual price I could drive up and get it and drive back... But then I remembered... They put Boregon between us and you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Duhhhhhh!!! Just kidding!
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Nov 19 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #9

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
carr914
post Nov 19 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #10

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 19 2008, 01:37 PM) *

Hi Jon, did you bring a camera & take pictures of the Europa. I'm sure Steve (smg914) would like to see.

Have a good birthday? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/birthday2.gif)

all the best, T.C.

+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Nov 19 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #11

Ummm... the Europa was needing a restore rather badly. He said he just picked it up not too long ago and wasn't sure if he was going to part it out or restore it.

Should I go take pics of it? I doubt the guy would mind.

Birthday was a week long event of having fun. You only turn 30 once right? Best part was all the good dinners friends made for me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) My wife cant cook for sh!t (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Hope she doesn't read this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) but I didn't marry her for her cooking anyways (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
carr914
post Nov 19 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #12

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 19 2008, 10:02 PM) *

Ummm... the Europa was needing a restore rather badly. He said he just picked it up not too long ago and wasn't sure if he was going to part it out or restore it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) My wife cant cook for sh!t (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Hope she doesn't read this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) but I didn't marry her for her cooking anyways (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

On the Europa, I'm sure Steve would love pictures, but don't go out of your way.

On the wife front, you've got 2 beautiful kids, what more do you want?

T.C.
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Nov 19 2008, 09:49 PM
Post #13

That I do (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) and I've got a very cool wife who is very beautiful. I'm a lucky SOB to have all of what I do.

I'll try to take some pics when I go pick up the dash. I just went to check it out. Still need to wait for the payment to clear before I can do the rest. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
carr914
post Nov 19 2008, 09:54 PM
Post #14

Racer from Birth

Jon, you're a champion 3 times over (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

T.C.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 19 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #15

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 19 2008, 07:49 PM) *

That I do (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) and I've got a very cool wife who is very beautiful. I'm a lucky SOB to have all of what I do.

I'll try to take some pics when I go pick up the dash. I just went to check it out. Still need to wait for the payment to clear before I can do the rest. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

The payment should be clear. I paypal'd him. He hasn't picked it up yet so to speak but he has been paid...

I know someone with several Europa's... He also had 20 or so Mini Mokes he bought off of Catalina Island...
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Nov 19 2008, 11:07 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 19 2008, 08:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 19 2008, 07:49 PM) *

The payment should be clear. I paypal'd him. He hasn't picked it up yet so to speak but he has been paid...

I know someone with several Europa's... He also had 20 or so Mini Mokes he bought off of Catalina Island...

Yeah, sometimes paypal is a pain or he just hasn't checked today. I know you were sending the payment when we were talking on the phone so it should just be a matter of time before you have your new dash in your hands (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) . I am sure I will be going over there soon to pick it up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Mini Mokes are cool but I have always wanted to get a Mini Cooper and put in Integra Type R engine in it. There is a company that is kind of like renegade for the old minis that does this. I was going to do this before I got into 914s. In hind sight I think I made the right choice but I still want to do the mini someday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
dw914er
post Nov 20 2008, 12:08 AM
Post #17

Planning Cities

Member No.: 8,763
Region Association: Southern California

which ITR motor?

K>B (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(yea, I'm getting into integras now cause of my rsx, which means hell froze over)
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Nov 20 2008, 12:28 AM
Post #18

I never said anything about getting into Integras (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) What kind of sick person would do that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) ? I belive it was the 2005 type R that they put into the Mini. Could you imagine a clasic Mini with that type of engine? They also update the wiring harnes and a few other things to make it a more modern car. At the time you could buy one complete at about 10k but I am sure it is much more now since the other Mini has made it's day. I have seen junk Mini's going for about 10K now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) That would have bought a Britax Mini when I was looking.
+Quote Post
dw914er
post Nov 20 2008, 12:45 AM
Post #19

Planning Cities

Member No.: 8,763
Region Association: Southern California

lol, that would be the k20a1 off the dc5 (my bodystyle). 220hp, fucking high redline

another option is from the b18, which is the dc2 (late 90's body style (less hp, but cheaper))

yea, I know. My acura has corrupted me, which I swore would never happen. Though a mini with a high revving, 200+ hp motor would be awesome.

+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 20 2008, 09:48 AM
Post #20

Apex killer!

This has kind of slid off topic completely now but anyone who would put an Integra motor in an original Mini Cooper, especially an S has never driven one. They are scary quick. Not fast but quick. I am not at all sure I would want to drive one "fast"...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 06:00 PM